DIPARTIMENTO DI INGEGNERIA GESTIONALE
The master is organized in different modules, each of them related to one of the
- Area 1: Public Administration Trends. These modules address the future scenarios
of public administration, with particular reference to the evolution of public policy and
- Area 2: Tools and methods of public managers. These modules addresses
specifically the management engineering competences that wants to provide managers
with operating tools to operate within public sector institutions: project management,
change management, public finance, public procurement and people management.
- Area 3: Managing infrastructures. These modules provides competences and tools
to understand and properly manage infrastructures. These module comprise the
following: the infrastructures and their connection with the urban area, data and
infrastructures, financing infrastructures, programming the management of
infrastructure and maintenance and safety.
The master aims at developing the programming, financing and management skills of
public managers in charge of dealing with strategic infrastructure. This objective is
achieved through the development of the following skills:
- The comprehension of the connection between infrastructures and the city
- The ability to understand and usage data from different sources
- The understanding of the available solution for financing and planning
infrastructures (cost-benefit analysis, project financing, public-private partnership)
- The knowledge of alternatives approaches to manage service contracts and
- The management of risk and safety factors.
Candidates with a Master of Science degree are eligibile.
For international applicants, the equivalent qualifications of the respective university
Faculty and staff
POLIMI Graduate School of Management
ED. 26/A VIA LAMBRUSCHINI 4C