“ENHANCE - European Universities of Technology Alliance” is an alliance funded by the European Universities Initiatives 2020 and it consists of seven of the best European research-intensive technical universities. In addition to Politecnico di Milano, the following universities are part of thealliance: Technische Universität Berlin (Germany) which is also the project coordinator, Chalmers University of Technology (Sweden), Norwegian University of Science and Technology (Norway), RWTH Aachen University, Universitat Politècnica de València (Spain) and Technical University of Warsaw (Poland). The network is enriched by several associated partners including numerous industries, research bodies, local authorities and third sector associations.
The long-term goal of ENHANCE is to create a new European academic space for the interaction between technological progress, society and the environment. Socially inclusive and sustainable research and education in the field of science and new technologies, inter and transdisciplinary approaches and new systems of knowledge co-creation are at the basis of the project.
In the short term, the main aim of the alliance is to design and implement a European higher education space, free of physical and bureaucratic barriers. Within this space, students, teachers, researchers, staff, will be able to move freely thus enriching their education, developing new skills, intercultural sensitivity and innovation capacity, as if they were part of a single European institution: One Campus.
Within ENHANCE Politecnico di Milano is responsible for the One Campus Work Package, whose main purpose is to promote mobility and international experiences of students, researchers, faculty and staff through:
- the creation of an integrated educational offer - based on a common system of Learning Goals and Learning Outcomes - among the seven universities in 4 pilot programs: Mechanical Engineering Computer Science, Energy Engineering, Urban Planning. The system will allow students to choose the courses they need to take to earn their degree, regardless of where they will be delivered
- a competence mapping tool, which will propose to the students the courses to be selected to acquire the skills necessary to obtain the degree and it will allow them to monitor their university path
- free access to the services and infrastructures of partner universities also through tools already being implemented at European level such as European Student Card and Erasmus Without Paper
- access to innovative international experiences consisting of new ENHANCE teaching forms including summer/winter schools, virtual and blended courses, microcredentials
From the alliance ENHANCE was born the project ENHANCERIA, funded under the Horizon 2020 program, with the aim of building effective cooperation between science and society through the development of innovative methodologies and new skills.
ENHANCERIA intends to support and strengthen the research and innovation dimensions of the ENHANCE university alliance, helping it to develop a transformation agenda, focusing on the role of universities as drivers of sustainable development.
Find out how to apply to the Enhance project by consulting this page. Find more information about Enhance on the European Education Pathways page.
For administrative details, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further educational information on the project, you can contact the involved Enhance professors for the Pilot Programs:
- Prof. Mauro Filippini: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- Prof. Luca Mottola: COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
- Prof. Carolina Pacchi: URBAN PLANNING AND POLICY DESIGN
- Prof. Riccardo Mereu and Prof. Luigi Colombo: ENERGY ENGINEERING
See also the presentation slides.