- you are a student from another University
- you are already a graduate student and you want to take a second degree
- your previous career finished after a renunciation or a withdrawal from studies and you enrolled again
- you are already enrolled at Politecnico di Milano and you changed study programme
the English OFA will be registered on new career unless you already passed the TENG English test or you submitted at Registrar's Office a certificate that states your knowledge of English, with a score not less than that one given in the table for programmes held in Italian and in that for the programmes held in English.
Until you will not recover the English OFA:
- if you will be admitted to the first year, you will have the same career limitations of the new registered students; for further information, see the OFA web page
- if you will be admitted to a year after the first one, you will not be able to add courses of the academic years subsequent to the one of admission (Note: this also applies to students enrolled in a Politecnico Study Programme and that asked for a change of programme)
- if you will be admitted with a complete Study Plan with all necessary courses required to complete the Study Programme, you will not be able to sit the final exam
The English OFA will not be assigned if you perform an internal transfer at Politecnico between educational system, but only if:
- you have one of the certifications recognized by the Politecnico
- before changing to the new educational system (Ministerial Decree 270/2004) you sat the TENG and answered a number of questions between 18 and 23
One of these two conditions will allow you to be admitted to the Final Test.
If you are not in one of these two conditions, some English OFA will be assigned to you, that you can recover:
- by submitting to the Registrar's Office a language certification among those recognized by the Politecnico, obtained with a score not lower than those shown in the table for programmes held in Italian and in that for programmes held in English
- by sitting specific tests in external bodies, not at the Politecnico. These tests, provided only for Politecnico students, do not imply the issuing of any certification, but allow you to recover the OFA (additional educational obligations)
For further information about career limitations and procedures to recover the English OFA, please visit the page related to OFA.
By transferring from one educational system to another internally at Politecnico di Milano, you will obtain the validation of ECTS for the foreign language.
If you come from educational systems that did not assess your knowledge of the foreign language, the English OFA will be assigned to you and you can recover it by passing the TENG test within the first year of registration from the change of programme or by submitting one of the certifications shown in the table for programmes held in Italian and in that for programmes held in English.
If you come from educational systems that assessed your knowledge of a foreign language, the English OFA will not be assigned to you, but only if your knowledge of English language has already been verified through one of the procedures provided by the previous educational system. In case of failure to assess the knowledge, the English OFA will be assigned to you and you can recover it by passing the TENG test within the first year since the transfer or by submitting one of the certifications shown in in the table for programmes held in Italian and in that for programmes held in English..
The assessment of knowledge of a foreign language other than English will not be taken into account.
Remember that you must certify the knowledge of English, at the level required, in order to access the Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science) Study Programmes of your registration or transfer/change year.
If you are a student of the Architecture Design Study Programme provided in English, you may not need to submit an English Certification to enroll to the Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science) if:
- you have demonstrated the knowledge of English according to what shown in the table of the following page
- you achieved at least 112 ECTS in the English career.
Contact the Registrar's Office to define if you can be entitled of exemption.
If you are:
- a student enrolled in a Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science) Study Programme of Politecnico di Milano and you request a change to another Study Programme of Politecnico (also of the same School);
- a student enrolled in a Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science) Study Programme in another University and you want to transfer to Politecnico di Milano;
you must demonstrate, during the academic year of change or transfer, your knowledge of English as provided by the Educational Regulations of the Study Programme of your interest.
If you are a student from a foreign University, you can transfer to a Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science) Study Programme of Politecnico di Milano, by showing the original copy of one of the certifications requested and by meeting the deadlines provided for submission of English certificates for new admissions to Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science) Study Programmes.
Students whose mother tongue is English are exempted from submitting English certification and/or those that obtained a graduation in Universities with courses fully provided in English. Further evidences of English language skills, at the level required, can be evaluated.