WHAT IS IT?
If you want to come to Politecnico di Milano for an exchange period you need to apply in our online services.
WHEN TO APPLY
For Autumn arrivals: from 1st to 30th April
For Spring arrivals: from 1st to 31st October
HOW TO APPLY IN 5 STEPS
- Get in contact with the international office of your home institution
- Verify if they have an agreement with us and if you can apply
- Register in our online services get Polimi person code. NB: it is mandatory to upload a valid identity document (ID card or passport, the driving licence is not accepted) and to indicate your home address.
- Apply and be sure to complete all five parts of the form: your data, emergency contacts, study at host, study at Polimi. Please note: you need to enrol in a specific study course
- Upload the required documents
PLEASE NOTE: you can check the status of your application anytime in every steps
While choosing your study course at Polimi do not forget that 1) the Italian educational system is 3 years BSc + 2 years MSc 2) if you are enrolled in your 4th year at your home institution you should apply for a MSc course at Polimi.
For exchange programmes:
- transcript of records
- portfolio (for Architecture and Design students only)
For double degree programmes:
1st PDF file:
- transcript of records of previous studies. NB for students enrolling in Architecture programmes only: brief but detailed descriptions of the contents of each course taken, including the number of hours, printed out from the university website or signed by the head of department of the study programme. Transcript of records and detailed descriptions of courses taken can be accepted in Italian, English, French and Spanish.
- statement of purpose (to be written in English or Italian)
- curriculum vitae (to be written in English or Italian)
- language certification among the ones in the table below:
|ETS - TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)||Paper Based ≥ 547 (total score)|
Computer Based ≥ 210 (total score)
Internet Based ≥ 78 (total score)
|ETS - TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication)||≥ 720|
|CAMBRIDGE||≥ FCE - GRADE B or ≥ CAE - GRADE C|
|IEL TS (International English Language Testing System)||≥ 6|
|TRINITY COLLEGE||≥ ISE II|
2nd PDF file:
- portfolio (only for Architecture and Design students)