Academic Year 2022/2023
Students with income and assets (movable and immovable) declared and/or owned abroad or in Italy and abroad by them and/or by their family, must request an equivalent indicator for the ISEE value for the "Right to Higher Education", called “EQUIVALENT ISEE”, through request to one of the following CAF offices that will automatically communicate this data to the University (the student must not bring nothing to the Registrar's Office and must not register the ISEE data through the Online Services).
Note: with this indicator it is not possible to request exemption on the basis of Law 232/2016 as subsequently amended and supplemented.
Only for foreign students not yet in Italy
Send the documentation to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students already in Italy
To make an appointment at a CAF office in Milan: select the path dedicated to our University, "Parificato-Politecnico" as shown below:
"Sede": one of the three listed below
- CAAF CGIL LOMBARDIA - Corso di Porta Vittoria 43, 20122 Milano
from Monday to Friday: 9.00-12.30 and 13.30-18.00
- CAAF CGIL LOMBARDIA - Via Luigi Mercantini, 15 - 20158 Milano
only on Wednesday: 09.00-12.30 and 13.40/18.00
- CAAF CGIL LOMBARDIA - Via Conte Rosso, 30 - 20134 Milano
only on Friday: 09.00-12.30 and 13.40/18.00
Students of Cremona, Lecco, Mantova and Piacenza Campuses
If unable to make an appointment at the offices in Milan, can send the documentation e-mail address: email@example.com
After verification of the documentation and elaboration of the practice, the CAF will contact the student to agree on the reference location for the delivery of the original documents in one of the offices in Milan or in one of the following offices:
CAAF CGIL LOMBARDIA – Via Mantova, 25 – 26100 Cremona
CAAF CGIL LOMBARDIA – Via Besonda Inferiore, 11 – 23900 Lecco
CAAF CGIL LOMBARDIA – Via Argentina Altobelli, 5 – 46100 Mantova
The student must provide the CAF with documentation that, in accordance with the law, must be:
- issued by the competent bodies of the state in which income was generated;
- be legalised by Italian embassies or consulates abroad;
- in addition to the above documents in foreign languages, faithful Italian translations of foreign language documents must be certified by competent embassies or consulates or by an official translator and attached to applications;
- “household composition” abroad at the time the calculation application was presented;
- the “income” over the previous calendar year of each member of the household. Where one or more members of the household, aged 18 or over, have earned nothing over the past calendar year it is compulsory to submit a declaration;
- “buildings and land owned by the household” on 31st December of the previous calendar year with indications of its size in square metres (such documents must be issued by the relevant competent public body). Wherever the household unit has no buildings in its possession, a document to this effect must be submitted for each member of the household aged 18 or over;
- “personal assets” owned on the 31st December of the previous calendar year by the household with indications on shares, dividends, equity holdings and shares of net assets of any companies owned.
Note: the availability of income and assets in Italy, their amount too, must be declared. Please note that without the student minimum income received in Italy, which is required by the ISEE regulations for independent status, the student must refer to their family’s income and assets. If these are abroad, the student must submit the EQUIVALENT ISEE.
- valid identity card or passport with a photograph and personal data;
- person code (unique identification number issued by Politecnico di Milano);
- Fiscal Code
Students with income and assets (movable and immovable) declared and/or owned abroad or in Italy and abroad by them and/or by their family, enrolled in the first year of Laurea (equivalent to Bachelor of Science) and in Laurea Magistrale (euivalent to Master of Science), including students who enroll in the second semester, who have been granted student bursaries for the right to education in A.Y. 2021/2022 and that want to make request for payment by instalments of the all-inclusive contribution, which is a part of the university tuition fees, must contact the CAF shown to get the EQUIVALENT ISEE indicator. EQUIVALENT ISEE certificates will be sent to the Politecnico di Milano by this CAF.
The EQUIVALENT ISEE indicator, for the issuance of the second instalment, will not be considered for the following categories of students:
- international students (applicants eligible for non-EU quotas, e.g. not Italian students) admitted to Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science) with first-level qualification obtained abroad, who have received a scholarship from Politecnico di Milano or other institutions (e.g. the Italian Government), other than the one awarded by merit and income of the University Financia Aid (Diritto allo Studio, DSU), and those exempted from paying tuition fees and contributions, excluding the amount for regional tax and administrative costs of stamp duty
- international students (applicants eligible for non-EU quotas, e.g. not Italian students) admitted to Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science) with first-level qualification obtained abroad, who have not received a scholarship from Politecnico di Milano or other institutions, or a scholarship awarded by merit and income of the University Financia Aid (Diritto allo Studio, DSU), must pay the whole all-inclusive contribution
- The international Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science) students awarded a Scholarship by Politecnico di Milano or by other institutions, other than the one awarded by merit and income of the University Financia Aid (Diritto allo Studio, DSU), are exempted from payment of the all-inclusive contribution for the years in which they benefit from the scholarship. Those students who, having benefited from said scholarship for the two scheduled years, need to register for an additional academic year, are only exempted for such additional year. For the subsequent additional years of registration, the non-EU students are automatically placed in the highest contribution bracket; the EU students are placed instead in the contribution bracket determined by the economic condition indicator.
- Non-EU students who lose the scholarship after the first year of its award are placed throughout the other years of registration within the highest contribution bracket; the EU students are placed instead in the contribution bracket determined by the economic condition indicator.
Non-EU students admitted to the Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science) programmes who benefit from a scholarship awarded by merit and income of the University Financial Aid (Diritto di Studio, DSU) and are unable to confirm the scholarship, thereby losing the exemption, are automatically placed in the highest contribution bracket.
For foreign students coming from Particularly Poor Countries, assessment of the financial situation may be certified by the Italian Representation in the country of origin, which must certify that the student does not belong to a notoriously high-income, high-social status family.
For students enrolled at a university of the country of origin, linked by agreements or affiliations with the Politecnico di Milano, this certification may also be issued by the university of origin.
For students who enroll in the first year of Bachelor of Science/single-cycle Master of Science or Master of Science Programmes, this certification can also be issued by Italian bodies enabled to provide guarantees of financial coverage.
Should foreign students find difficulty in obtaining all the items required by the Italian diplomatic authorities based in their country of origin, they may contact the foreign diplomatic or consular representations resident in Italy. In this case, the documents must be legalised by the Prefectures.