PSYCHOLOGICAL AND PSYCHOTHERAPEUTIC SUPPORT
Despite the health emergency and the restrictions in place, the PoliPsi Service continues to follow students and PhD candidates with SKYPE-based individual sessions, seminars and experiential courses.
PoliPsi is the Counseling and Psychological-Psychotherapeutic Support Service for students and for PhD candidates at Politecnico di Milano.
The scientific coordinator of PoliPsi is the Rector's Delegate Prof. Licia Sbattella, psychotherapist, psychologist and bioengineer. The service comprises psychologists and psychotherapists who are experts in relational dynamics and in learning processes.
The service offers a place to face problems and to receive support when going through periods of distress, uncertainty or difficulty related to studies or to personal events.
Specifically, the service can help you:
- to deal with psychological difficulties related to the current sanitary emergency;
- to deal with difficult situations in your academic life (either of academic or psychological origin);
- to improve your academic performance (steering and refining your chosen academic path, your underlying motivation and employing more effective personal and collaborative strategies to attain your desired results);
- to know and better understand yourself, others, and important relationships, to attain a rich, prestigious and authentic personal and professional future with solid relationships;
- to better deal with your first working experiences (in terms of internships, work placements and research activities);
- to deal with stalking problems/acts (being repeatedly subject to an illegitimate conduct or harassment).
The service currently provides counseling, psychological and psychotherapeutic support at various levels:
If you ask for Counseling for Sanitary Emergency, the service offers:
- 1 individual session with a psychologist or a psychotherapist.
If you ask for Teaching Psychological Counseling (orientation, delays on studies, doubts about the chosen studying pathway, etc.), the service offers:
- from 1 to 2 individual sessions of Teaching Psychological Counseling with a psychologist expert on teaching guidance and learning methodologies;
- a Seminar on Studying and Learning Methodologies.
If you ask for Psychological Psychotherapeutic Support related to personal problems, the service offers:
- experiential courses and workshops on specific topics (personality and individual differences, managing emotions and anxiety, self-esteem, self-image, relational and soft skills, etc.);
- an individual cycle of Psychotherapeutic Support (from 1 to 4 sessions – after the experiential course) or Psychotherapy (from 8 to 30 sessions), with a weekly appointment during a calendar year (depending on the availability of the specialist staff), with a psychotherapist and psychotherapeutic supervision from the scientific coordinator.
If you are a victim of stalking, the service offers:
- an individual session with a psychologist or a psychotherapist to analyse the problem and to identify together the ideal path for an intervention and psychological support;
- advice on further support offered by the university and local services (disciplinary board, police, health structures…) for an adequate intervention.
To contact the service please write to: polipsi(at)polimi.it. Please write from your official PoliMi e-mail address, precise if you are a student or a PhD candidate and specify if you ask for: Couseling for Sanitary Emergency OR for Teaching Psychological Counseling OR for Psychological Psychotherapeutic Support OR for Teaching Psychological Counseling and Psychological Psychotherapeutic Support.
If you are a victim of stalking please contact: stalkingsos(at)polimi.it.
All services are provided free of charge to students and PhD candidates at Politecnico di Milano.
Full confidentiality and respect for privacy is guaranteed about all the details and information exchanged or received.