PSYCHOLOGICAL AND PSYCHOTHERAPEUTIC SUPPORT
PoliPsi is the Counselling and Psychological and Psychotherapeutic Support service provided for students and PhD students at the Politecnico di Milano.
PoliPsi's Scientific Coordinator is the Rector's Delegate Prof. Licia Sbattella, psychologist, psychotherapist and bioengineer. The service employs psychologists and psychotherapists who are experts in relational dynamics and learning processes.
The service offers a place to discuss and receive expert support in times of distress, uncertainty and difficulties related to study or personal events.
In particular, with the help of the service you can:
- address the distress related to the current health emergency situation;
- dealing with situations of difficulty in entering academic life (whether of an academic or psychological nature);
- improve your academic performance (by steering and refining your chosen academic path, the motivations behind it and the most effective personal and organisational strategies for achieving desired results);
- know and better understand yourself, others, the relationships that are most significant to you and the environments you frequent with a view to a rich, valuable and original personal, professional and relational future;
- to cope better with the first experiences of work placement, with a view to internships, apprenticeships and research activities;
- dealing with problems related to stalking (harassment or bullying over time).
Depending on the specific problem, the service offers various levels of psychological and psychotherapeutic counselling and support.
If you are interested in Educational Psychological Counselling (for orientation problems, delayed studies, doubts about the academic path you have taken, etc.), the service offers:
- between 1 to 3 individual sessions of Educational Psychological Counseling with a psychologist who is an expert in guidance and teaching methods;
- a Seminar on study, learning and work methodologies.
If you are interested in Psychotherapeutic Support (for personal problems), the service offers:
- Hands-on Courses and Laboratories on specific topics (personality and individual differences, managing emotions, anxiety, self-esteem and self-image, interactions and relationships, soft skills, etc.);
- a series of individual sessions of Psychotherapeutic Support (from 1 to 4 sessions - after attending the hands-on course) or Psychotherapy (from 8 to 30 sessions), on a weekly basis, over the course of a calendar year - subject to available specialist resources - with a psychotherapist and psychotherapeutic supervision by the service's Scientific Coordinator.
If you are a victim of stalking, the service offers:
- an appointment with a psychologist or psychotherapist to analyse what is happening and to agree on ways of dealing with it, including psychologically;
- coordination with other university and local authorities (university disciplinary committees, police forces, social and health services, etc.) for appropriate intervention.
To contact and request a PoliPsi service:
- If you are interested in Educational Psychological Counselling you can request access to the service here.
- If you are interested in Psychological Psychotherapeutic Support go to you can request access to the service here.
- If you are interested in Health Emergency Counselling please contact polipsi(at)polimi.it, specifying this in the subject line: 'Seeking Health Emergency Counseling'. Write from your official PoliMi e-mail address and specify whether you are a student or PhD student.
- If you are a victim of Stalking write to: stalkingsos(at)polimi.it. Write from your official PoliMi e-mail address and specify whether you are a student or PhD student.
All services are provided free of charge to students and PhD students of the Politecnico di Milano.
The highest confidentiality and respect for the privacy of any data and materials exchanged or collected is guaranteed.