Congratulations on your admission! Please, note that you need to provide your language certificate/s and accept your admission in order to get your admission letter.
Accept the admission
- enter your online account
- click on "Apply to a Master of Science programme (only for international and Italian candidates graduated abroad): Submit online application form, results release and enrolment"
- select the section "Master of science programme (s) selection" in the box on the left
- click on the green circle and then on the accept button
Pay the administrative fees
- enter your online account
- click on “Apply to a Master of Science programme (only for international and Italian candidates graduated abroad): Submit online application form, results release and enrolment”
- select the section "Administrative Fee" in the box on the left
- select the method of payment you prefer between Credit card or Bank transfer (by choosing the Bank transfer payment method, you will be able to download the form to submit to your bank, already complete with Politecnico di Milano bank account details)
- complete the payment of 172,20 € (one hundred seventy-two euro/twenty)
The administrative fee is non-refundable and will be deducted from the 2nd installment.
In order to obtain the tax code through the International Students Office Students admitted on September 2019 must pay the administrative fees by June 20th, 2019.
Obtain your tax code (codice fiscale) through the International Students Office
If you have paid the administrative fee and have uploaded your passport in your OnLine Services within next June 20th (for students admitted in the first semester), you will be able to receive your tax code approximately within the end of August (for first semester students). If you already have an official tax code, issued by the Italian Representative in your country or obtained at the Tax Agency during a previous stay in Italy, please update your online services with it as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT: The issuing of PoliMi student card is subject to the presence of the tax code in the online services.
Prepare documents for the enrolment
The following rules are valid for students admitted from the A.Y. 2018/2019.
All the documents related to your degree must be issued by the competent authorities your University system belongs to (e.g.: for a university with British educational system in Peruvian territory the authorities of reference are those of the UK). In order to complete the enrolment procedures you need to provide the documents listed below. In case of missing documentation, in accordance with the existing rules, Politecnico di Milano will revoke the enrolment.
Please find below the required documents, valid for all students:
- Laurea (equivalent to Bachelor) diploma or a certificate issued by a competent office. Unless the document is not issued by the university directly in English, French or Spanish, a translation is mandatory. Politecnico di Milano accepts translations in Italian (preferably), English, French or Spanish.
- Diploma Supplement issued by a competent office in English
Where the diploma supplement is not foreseen, students must provide
- the "Declaration of value" (Dichiarazione di Valore) issued by the Italian Diplomatic Representative, related to the Bachelor degree. This document attests the validity of your degree and its correspondence to a first cycle degree, and allows you to pursue your studies in the second cycle. The Dichiarazione di Valore is issued by the Italian Diplomatic Representative in the country the educational system of your undergraduate diploma refers to PLUS
- a certified academic transcript confirming the examinations passed. Unless the document is not issued by the university directly in English, French or Spanish, a translation is mandatory. Politecnico di Milano accepts translations in Italian (preferably), English, French or Spanish.
- original certificate of English language (and Italian language, for students admitted to MSc programmes held in Italian language)
Documents at point 1 and 2 must be duly apostilled. Apostilles authenticate the seals and signatures of officials on public documents, so that they can be recognized in foreign countries that are parties of the Convention. Please click here to view the list of countries that have signed the Convention and the authority in charge of Apostille.
Please notice: translations obtained from translators or Tribunals in Italy will not be accepted.
In case of missing documentation, in accordance with the existing rules, Politecnico di Milano will revoke the enrolment.
Apply for VISA
In order to enrol at Politecnico di Milano, Non-EEA citizens residing abroad need to apply for a Study visa issued by the Italian Diplomatic representatives in the country of residence.
Students who intend to withdraw from their current career in an Italian university in order to activate a new one at Politecnico di Milano must apply for a new visa, as the residence permit for study purposes loses its validity in case of withdrawal.
Please note that the authority responsible for your pre-enrolment and visa application is the Italian Embassy/Consulate in your country. Therefore they are entitled to ask you to provide additional or different documents to support your application. Your application to Politecnico di Milano is not sufficient to enrol.
Politecnico di Milano will submit your name to the Italian Diplomatic representatives only once you provide a valid language certificate, compulsory for enrolling. The same language certificate must be submitted in original upon arrival, as well as the other documents requested for the enrollment.
Italian Diplomatic representatives must be contacted from March to July if you have been admitted to September intake (1st semester) and from October to December if you have been admitted to March intake (2nd semester).
Deadlines for September 2019 intake: from March 7th to July 24th.
Details are available on the Ministry of Education website, however we suggest you to get in contact with the Diplomatic Representatives as soon as you are admitted.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Your admission letter (available on your profile)
- Your scholarship notification letter, if awarded with one (available on your profile)
- The pre-enrolment application form [Form A / Modello A]
- A legalized copy of your 1st cycle university level qualification
- 2 recent passport-size photos
- Health insurance valid for Italy
- Proof of sufficient financial resources
Please, note that this list is only a general guideline. Italian Diplomatic representatives are entitled to ask you to provide other additional or different documents to support your application.
The visa application procedure depends only on the Diplomatic representatives and Politecnico di Milano cannot interfere with the process. However, in case of urgent matters you can get in contact with the Admissions office through the online message system on your profile.
As soon as you get the documents required for enrolment (see the section above “Prepare documents for the enrolment”) from the Italian Diplomatic Representative abroad and within the end of the enrolment window, please upload the documents as PDF file in your online admission application account, in the section "Enrolment documents". It would be better to upload such documents within September 6th for the students admitted in the first semester.
Also, please upload your passport as soon as you are admitted, and in any case not later than June 20th, for students admitted in the second semester, in order to obtain your tax code, which is crucial to have for your PoliMi student card: the sooner your passport is updated in your OnLine Services, the better.
Enrol and submit the documents uploaded
All students must complete an online enrollment before coming to Italy and then provide the required documents (see section above "Prepare documents for the enrolment") in person upon arrival. You are officially enrolled only once the documents have been verified by the office in charge.
WHO CAN ENROL
Students admitted to a Laurea Magistrale programme who have completed the following steps:
- Acceptance of the admission
- Upload of a valid English/Italian language certificate
- Achievement of their final Bachelor degree
- Payment of the administrative fee
- Non-EEA students non residing in Italy > achievement of actual student visa
Please, proceed with the steps above if any of them is missing or incomplete.
WHEN TO ENROL
Academic Year 2019-2020 (First Semester)
- Architecture (except Building and Architectural Engineering, Building Engineering, Management of Built Environment) > from July 15th to September 3rd
- Design > from July 15th to September 5th
- Engineering > from July 15th to October 2nd
- AUIC-Engineering (Building and Architectural Engineering, Building Engineering, Management of Built Environment) > from July 15th to September 9th
We suggest you to save and print the enrolment receipt available on your profile as soon as you enrol. Non-EEA students residing abroad may be asked to provide it in order to apply for the residence permit.
HOW TO ENROL
- Enter your online account
- Select Apply for a Laurea Magistrale programme
- Confirm/complete your degree information
- Pay the first installment (895,20 €) of your first academic year tuition fees. Remember that you must have paid the administrative fees first!
Merit-based scholarships holders are exempted from the payment of tuition fees. This step will therefore not appear in their enrolment procedure.
An enrolment tutorial is available here to guide you step by step through the whole process.
Can't see the "enroll" button?
If you have updated the information related to your personal details and previous career, and have uploaded a valid language certificate but still cannot enrol, this is due to a formal step your professor must still carry out on your application. Please notice it is just a technical issue that is usually solved within the enrolment deadline; we suggest you to enter the application every now and then, until you see the “Enrol” button.
Classes are going to start:
- on September 16th for Engineering and Design students, and for students enrolled in AUIC-Engineering programmes
- on September 23rd for Architecture students
Study plan presentation
The study plan (PDS) is the document that includes the exams you want to take each academic year, expressed in university credits (CFU).
The presentation of the study plan is compulsory and entails the payment of a fine, if done outside the deadlines. Find below the deadlines for presenting your study plan.
STUDY PLAN DEADLINES FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2019-2020 (FIRST SEMESTER)
- Architecture (except Building and Architectural Engineering, Building Engineering, Management of Built Environment) > from September 6th to September 16th
- Design > from September 6th to September 13th
- Engineering > from August 26th to October 4th
- AUIC-Engineering (Building and Architectural Engineering, Building Engineering, Management of Built Environment) > from August 26th to October 4th
Come to Italy
Upon arrival in Italy, you must present yourself to the Welcome Desk of your campus of reference to submit the original enrolment documents. Instructions will be at that point be provided concerning the next steps to follow. Within eight days from your arrival in Italy, you must apply for a residence permit ("permesso di soggiorno") for study purposes at one of the qualified Post Offices located in the city where you intend to take up residence. At the same time you will also have to apply for a tax code ("codice fiscale"), unless you already obtained it through Politecnico di Milano by uploading your passport in your OnLine Services within the due deadlines.
If you have been admitted to a MSc programme and you need more detailed information about enrolment, accommodation, stay permit or health insurance, you can contact the offices in charge as follows:
- Students admitted on a.y. 2019-20: welcome19-20(at)polimi.it
- Lecco Campus: +39.0341.488804
- Piacenza Campus: +39.0523.356801
- Mantova Campus: +39.0376.317031
By chat (only Milano Leonardo and Bovisa students):
For further details about accommodation, you can contact: booking-residenze(at)polimi.it