ISEE (Equivalent Economic Situation Indicator)
The ISEE is an indicator of the economic condition of the family and it is issued by the INPS for those with income and assets in Italy. You can request it directly from the INPS Web site (through the access to the dedicated service through a device PIN code) or through a CAF (Tax Advice Centre).
What should I do to get an ISEE and what should I do to make it known to Politecnico di Milano?
- You must fill out the DSU (Single Self-Declaration) and send it to the INPS, by yourself or through a CAF; when you send the DSU you receive a receipt where you can see the subscription date of the DSU, this date is important, please take note of it!! ATTENTION, you must ask the ISEE "for University use" and it must be linked to the fiscal code of the student that makes the request;
- You must access the Online Services of Politecnico di Milano and ask for the benefit you want by showing the subscription date of the DSU (Single Self-Declaration), Politecnico di Milano will ask to the INPS and will obtain a positive or negative answer about ISEE calculation. At the end of calculation, the INPS provides a document called ISEE CERTIFICATE that states the ISEE value.
After what period of time does the INPS provide the ISEE Certificate?
By law, the INPS takes 10 days to calculate and provide the Certificate.
When I receive the certificate, what do I have to check to be sure that everything is OK?
You must check that:
- the certificate shows a submission date of the Single Self-Declaration subsequent to 31st December 2020 for ISEE issued in 2021 (second instalment A.Y. 2020/2021) and subsequent to 31st December 2019 for ISEE issued in 2020 (first instalment A.Y. 2020/2021)
- there is the wording "UNIVERSITY USE" with reference to your fiscal code
- it must be free of notes referring to omissions/differences found by the INPS
If any irregularity related to what mentioned above will be found, it will be necessary to request a new ISEE certificate and register the related data.
The current ISEE [Equivalent Economic Situation Indicator] for difficult financial situations
If your household’s financial situation has deteriorated compared to two years ago, you can obtain an update of your tuition fees by requesting a "current ISEE", which allows you to recalculate the ISEE value.
Your current ISEE may be required:
- when one of the family members has suffered a loss, suspension or reduction of work or remuneration (welfare, social security or indemnity);
- or if a significant change in income (more than 25 per cent) took place.
You must have already submitted a DSU (Single Substitute Declaration) and received the certificate with the income situation indicator.
Verification of legal conditions to issue the current ISEE is carried out by INPS and CAF (Tax assistance centre).
What you need to do
- Go to a CAF or go directly to INPS in order to request the current ISEE
- Enter the signing date of the Single Substitute Declaration submitted to obtain the current ISEE in the Online Services
- If you have already entered another DSU in the Online Services for the current academic year under which you have already been assigned an income bracket, please contact the Registrar's Office before proceeding with the new registration
INPS provides a range of useful information and resources on its website:
Students with income and property declared and/or owned abroad or abroad and in Italy
If you have income and assets abroad, or abroad and in Italy, it is not possible to request the ISEE certificate. In this case, to obtain exemptions for student contributions, you must request an equivalent ISEE that is issued by the CAF affiliated with Politecnico di Milano.
Academic Year 2020/2021