Check your application
You can check the status of your application, by accessing the Online Services, with your student identification number (person code) and your password:
- enter your online account
- click on “Apply to a Master of Science programme (only for international and Italian candidates graduated abroad): Submit online application form, results release and enrolment”
- select the section "Master of science programme(s) selection" in the box on the left
- check the status of your application
The evaluation of international prospective students’ applications is a 2-step process. First, the applications are evaluated by the International Admissions Office; then a Committee of Professors of the relevant Department makes the final decision about the outcome of candidatures. If you are admitted, at the end of the evaluation process, you will be asked to accept (or decline) the admission online.
Request to defer your admission
If you have been admitted to a Laurea Magistrale programme on the first semester but for some reason you are not able to join the Politecnico di Milano, you can ask to defer your admission to the second semester of the same academic year. It is possible to defer your admission within the same academic year only. The possibility of deferring is subject to the availability of seats.
The request of deferral must be sent through the online message system on your profile, upon payment of a non-refundable administrative fee of 172,20 € (one hundred seventy-two euro/twenty). Instructions for the payment are available on your profile.
Students admitted to the first semester 2019 can send their request of defer until October 1st, 2019, except for the SCHOOL OF DESIGN*, (please read below).
*DEFER FOR THE SCHOOL OF DESIGN
Starting from academic year 2019-20 Laurea Magistrale programmes in DESIGN accept students only in the first semester (September intake). For this reason the School of Design will review deferral requests on a case-by-case basis. Please note that the possibility of deferring is subject to the availability of seats.
- Students can ask to defer their admission at the latest by September 10th, 2019.
- Deferral applicants will be notified about the final decision of the School at the beginning of October.
- Only students accepted by the School of Design will be asked to confirm their defer by paying the non-refundable administrative fee of 172,20 € (one hundred seventy-two euro/twenty).
- Furthermore, students admitted to the Digital and Interaction Design programme can ask to postpone their admission only if they complete the following single courses: Basics of Interaction Design, Hardware & Software Technologies for Design, UX-Design offered in the first semester; students admitted to the Design & Engineering programme can ask to defer their admission only if they complete the courses Product Development Studio; I.C. Materials for Design offered in the first semester.