Extraordinary grants are benefits that can be applied for by students who find themselves in difficulties caused by serious events that have affected their ability to continue studying. For example:
- serious economic problems due to premature death, to unemployment, to laying off, to mobility, to bankruptcy, etc. of a family member;
- serious illnesses, accidents of any kind, rehab treatments that affected him or a member of his family;
- natural disasters such as earthquakes, floods, etc.
Precedence will be given to events that occurred during the two years preceding application.
Who can apply
You can apply if you are a student enrolled in a Laurea (equivalent to Bachelor of Science), in a Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science), in a Single-Cycle or in a PhD Programme of Politecnico di Milano. Being "regularly enrolled" means that you have paid all your tuition fees and contributions to Politecnico di Milano.
How to apply
- download, fill in and sign this form;
- attach all the documentation listed in Official Statement art. 3.
- put form and attachments in an envelope addressed to the Rector of the Politecnico di Milano (Piazza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - 20133 Milano). Please mind to write on the envelope "Extraordinary Grant application".
You can deliver the envelope by hand to the Protocol and Archive Service of the Politecnico di Milano - Piazza Leonardo da Vinci, 32- (Mon-Fri: 9.30 a.m. - 12.30 p.m. , 01.30 p.m. - 4.00 p.m.). Or you can send it by registered mail. If you prefer, you can also send all the documents through the certified e-mail address pecateneo(at)cert.polimi.it. Remember to indicate "Extraordinary Grant application" in the subject line and also that only a certified email address can send messages to a certified email.
These are the possible benefits:
- financial contribution up to a maximum of €.2.200, if the applicant is an ‘away from home’ student;
- financial contribution up to a maximum of €.1.600, if the applicant is an ‘local’ or ‘commuter’ student.