Student Representatives and Associations
Students are represented in different bodies of the University. In particular, the representatives elected in the Joint Committee of the Schools, in the Academic Senate and in the Board of Governors, all together they are the Student Council, which proposes and has advisory functions with regard to the bodies of the University on issues under discussion in the Academic Senate and in the Board of Governors. For further information, problems during education or proposal to improve Politecnico you can ask your representatives, they can bring your voice in the official sessions of the bodies. In addition, there are also student representatives in the Assessment Commission, in the Councils of Regional Campuses, in the Ph.D. School, in the Single Guarantee Committee (CUG). To know your representatives, visit the web page: Student Representatives.
Associations Round table
Politecnico’s student associations have inaugurated (since June 2017) an informal round table where each association is represented by a member. This round table, which meets monthly, also sees the participation of students’ representatives, who liaise between the associations and the Politecnico. Politecnico’s General Management, at the representatives’ behest, has granted use of two classrooms at the Leonardo Campus and one classroom at the Bovisa Campus: these classrooms are available to the associations (who independently manage their booking) throughout the campus business days from 18:00 to 20:00. The rooms are decided upon at the beginning of each semester, based on teaching requirements.
For the 1st semester of 2018/19 they are: classrooms CE.2 and S.1.8 for the Leonardo Campus; classrooms B6.3.3 and BL28.2.2 for the Bovisa Campus.
There is also an active internal mailing list, associazionipolimi(at)poul.org. Anyone wishing to contact the associations with doubts, requests, information or proposals, can write to their address.
Register of the Students' Associations at Politecnico di Milano
- Associazione degli Ingegneri Matematici [Since 2016] - President: Stefano Abbate
- Associazione Studenti Musulmani - Politecnico di Milano [Since 2017] President: Mohamed Abou Zahra
- B.E.S.T. – Board of European Students of Technology [Since 2006]- President: Noemi Pedalino
- Biomedical Engineering Association [Since 2017] President: Andrea Farabbi
- Cattolici Popolari [Since 2018] - President: Giovanni Martellosio
- Comitato Internazionalista del Politecnico [Since 2015] - President: Eleonora Mariuzzo
- E.S.N. – Erasmus Student Network [Since 2006] - President: Marco Lattarulo
- Junior Enterprise Milano Politecnico [Since 2016] - President: Carolina Riva
- MESA - Milan Engineering Student Association [Since 2018] - President: Simone Maestri
- Poliedro [Since 2012] - President: Matteo Bullegas
- POLI.RADIO [Since 2008] - President: Valentina Sarto
- Politecnico Open unix Labs (POuL)[Since 2013] - President: Giulia Urbani
- Resilient G.A.P. [Since 2017] - President: Alessandro De Giovanni
- Scacchi Polimi [Since 2015] - President: Beniamino Di Lorenzo
- SITPolimi [Since 2017] - President: Andrea Musso
- Skyward Experimental Rocketry [Since 2012] - President: Nicholas Gianilli
- Starting Finance Club Polimi [Since 2018] - President: Ruggero Limberti
- Teatro delle Biglie [Since 2006] - President: Alì Nicola Mohammod
- WoShou - Chinese Italian Polimi Students Association [Since 2018] - President: Lisa Zhou
The following lists are also recognized as representative in the academic body of the University: