Student Representatives and Associations
Students are represented in different bodies of the University. In particular, the representatives elected in the Joint Committee of the Schools, in the Academic Senate and in the Board of Governors, all together they are the Student Council, which proposes and has advisory functions with regard to the bodies of the University on issues under discussion in the Academic Senate and in the Board of Governors. For further information, problems during education or proposal to improve Politecnico you can ask your representatives, they can bring your voice in the official sessions of the bodies. In addition, there are also student representatives in the Assessment Commission, in the Councils of Regional Campuses, in the Ph.D. School, in the Single Guarantee Committee (CUG). To know your representatives, visit the web page: Student Representatives.
Associations Round table
Politecnico’s student associations have inaugurated (since June 2017) an informal round table where each association is represented by a member. This round table, which meets monthly, also sees the participation of students’ representatives, who liaise between the associations and the Politecnico. Politecnico’s General Management, at the representatives’ behest, has granted use of two classrooms at the Leonardo Campus and one classroom at the Bovisa Campus: these classrooms are available to the associations (who independently manage their booking) throughout the campus business days from 18:00 to 20:00. The rooms are decided upon at the beginning of each semester, based on teaching requirements.
For the 1st semester of 2018/19 they are: classrooms CE.2 and S.1.8 for the Leonardo Campus; classrooms B6.3.3 and BL28.2.2 for the Bovisa Campus.
There is also an active internal mailing list, associazionipolimi(at)poul.org. Anyone wishing to contact the associations with doubts, requests, information or proposals, can write to their address.
Register of the Students' Associations at Politecnico di Milano
- Associazione degli Ingegneri Matematici [Since 2016] - President: Filippo Fedeli
- Associazione Studenti Musulmani - Politecnico di Milano [Since 2017] President: Mohamed Abou Zahra
- B.E.S.T. – Board of European Students of Technology [Since 2006] - President: Andrea Signorelli
- Biomedical Engineering Association [Since 2017] President: Francesca Simiele
- Cattolici Popolari [Since 2018] - President: Riccardo Gobbi
- E.S.N. – Erasmus Student Network [Since 2006] - President: Alberto Loffredo
- E-SPORTIVA [dal 2019] - Presidente: Giovanni Scattaretico
- Junior Enterprise Milano Politecnico [Since 2016] - President: Emidio Granito
- MESA - Milan Engineering Student Association [Since 2018] - President: Chiara Marzano
- Poliedro [Since 2012] - President: Luca Usoni
- Polifonia [Since 2019] - President: Riccardo Taormina
- Polimi Data Scientists [Since 2019] - President: Marco Varrone
- POLI.RADIO [Since 2008] - President: Matteo Boveri
- Politecnico Open unix Labs (POuL) [Since 2013] - President: Giulia Urbani
- Resilient G.A.P. [Since 2017] - President: Federica Ceragioli
- Scacchi Polimi [Since 2015] - President: Beniamino Di Lorenzo
- SITPolimi [Since 2017] - President: Andrea Musso
- Skyward Experimental Rocketry [Since 2012] - President: Nicholas Gianilli
- Starting Finance Club Polimi [Since 2018] - President: Ruggero Limberti
- Studenti Indipendenti Politecnico [Since 2019] – President: Stefano Butti
- Teatro delle Biglie [Since 2006] - President: Alì Nicola Mohammod
- WoShou - Chinese Italian Polimi Students Association [Since 2018] - President: Zhupeng Zhou
The following lists are also recognized as representative in the academic body of the University: