STUDENT COMPETITION: CONTROL TO MAXIMIZE THE VEHICLE RANGE OF ELECTRIC VEHICLES
(Project laboratory, Competitions, Experimental laboratory)
- Language: ENGLISH
- Campus: MILANO CITTÀ STUDI
- Enrollment: 06-10-2022to hour 12:00 on
- Subject area: Tools|Tech and society
Application completed, activity in evaluation
Rate this course Unrate this course
Do you want this course to be offered again?0 people have already voted
- Teacher in charge
- PIEGARI LUIGI
- Hours to attend
Basic knowledge of electrical drives and control is recommended but not mandatory.
- Max. number of students
- Selection Criteria
- Students (both BSc and MSc) from Electrical, Electronics and Automation and Control Engineering will be preferred. Then, students of Mechanical and Energy Engineering will be selected. All the others can participate, according with the limited number of admitted students.
- electric drives, electric vehicles, microcontrollers, vehicle control
- Energy, Engineering, Mobility and transportation, Environmental and social sustainability, Software
Description of the initiative
The activity will be organized as a real team competition. Each team can be made up of between 2 and 5 students. Each team (up to 10 teams) will be assigned a model of remote-controlled electric car with the ability to access motor control.Teams will be instructed on the possibilities of acting on the control.They will then be left free to work independently on the motor control with the aim of minimizing its consumption.The last meeting will be the actual race. Each team will be called upon to drive a circuit to their car. The team that travels the largest distance will be the winner.
dal November 2022 a December 2022
Every wednesday from 16 to 19.30
Back to previous page
The students will implement their control strategies to minimize the power consumption of electric vehicles directly on radio-controlled vehicles. Each team will be provided with a radio-controlled vehicle to test its own strategies. The effectiveness of the proposed strategies will be proven by a real endurance race performed with the vehicles.