- Year of nomination: 2022
- Facility: Department of Electronics, Information and Bioengineering
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
"Gianantonio Magnani was a full professor of Automation. After graduating in Electronic Engineering from Politecnico di Milano in 1978, he worked until 1992 in various public and private companies in the field of controls and industrial and space robotics. He began his university career in 1992 as associate professor and became a full professor in 2001.
His areas of research concern robotics and mechatronics. He is author or co-author of around 150 publications, about a quarter of which in international scientific journals, with over 1800 citations and an H-index of 23.
He has held several significant institutional positions:
- From 2006 to 2008, he was deputy director of the Department of Electronics and Information at the Politecnico di Milano
- From 2009 to 2012, he was director of the same department
- From 2013 to November 2015, he was director of the Department of Electronics, Information and Bioengineering at the Politecnico di Milano
- From 2011 to 2015, he was a member of the Academic Senate of the Politecnico di Milano with the role of coordinator of the Structure and Investments Committee
- From July 2012 to April 2021, he was vice-president of the Cefriel Scarl consortium
- He sat on the board of the Poliedra consortium from 2013 until 2017
- From November 2015 to January 2020, he was president of the Fondazione Politecnico di Milano
- From April 2016 to April 2020, he was president of the National Conference of College and University Foundations
- From April 2016 to April 2020, he was president of PoliHub Servizi Srl, a company that manages - with the coordination of Fondazione Politecnico di Milano - PoliHub, the incubator and accelerator of new business initiatives at the Politecnico di Milano
- From March 2018 to October 2020, he was on the board of directors of Sidera Srl, a joint company owned by Fondazione Politecnico di Milano and TusStar Holding (Tsinghua University, Beijing, China)"
[extract from the 2022 nomination statement]