- Year of nomination: 1991
- Facility: Department of Structural Engineering [facility name no longer in use]
"Professor Alessandro Dei Poli, research assistant since 1 December 1937, was appointed full professor of Construction Technology at Politecnico di Milano on 1 November 1960. He therefore worked continuously at Politecnico for over 50 years, dedicating himself with commitment and rigour to research, teaching and organisational activity. His fundamental research in the field of reinforced concrete involved and interested collaborators and students, many of whom have become full and associate professors at Politecnico or at other institutions.
His teaching in the field of construction techniques was followed in many Italian engineering schools and his approach will serve as a reference for a long time. He was one of the advocates for the founding of the Institute of Construction Science and Technology, later transformed into the Department of Structural Engineering.
During his five years of non-permanent service, he continued to work with competence and precision, among other things, and to devote much attention both to the management of the Specialisation course in reinforced concrete constructions, recently transformed into a Specialisation school which he directed until 31 October 1990, and to the reorganisation of Politecnico's Central Library."
[extract from the 1991 nomination statement]