PoliPSI is the Counselling and Psychological and Psychotherapeutic Support Service for students and for PhD students at the Politecnico di Milano.
PoliPSI is headed by the Rector's Delegate Prof. Licia Sbattella, psychotherapeutic psychologist and bioengineer. The service comprises psychologists and psychotherapists who are experts in relationships and in learning processes.
The service offers a place to confront problems and to receive support when going through periods of distress, of uncertainty or of difficulty related to your studies or to personal events.
Specifically, the service can help you:
- deal with difficult situations in your academic life (either of an academic or a psychological nature)
- improve your academic performance (steering and refining your chosen academic path, your underlying motivation and employing more effective personal and collaborative strategies to attain your desired results)
- get to know and better understand yourself, others, the relationships that are most important to you and the situations you most often find yourself in with a view to attaining a rich, illustrious and authentic personal and professional future with solid relationships
- better deal with your first experiences of employment (in terms of internships, work placements and research work)
The service offers:
- An initial meeting with the psychotherapeutic psychologist in charge of the service, an expert in listening to and analysing difficulties, to agree on the next steps to take
- An individual course of Teaching Counselling and Psychological Support: between 2 and 5 individual meetings per year with the psychologist and teaching guidance experts
- An individual cycle of short-term Psychotherapy (from 4 to 8 sessions) or Psychotherapy (up to 30 sessions), with a weekly appointment, during a calendar year, according to the specialist staff available, with a psychotherapist and psychotherapeutic supervision from the head of the service
- Experiential courses and workshops on specific topics (personality and individual differences, cooperation and leadership, work and study methods, managing emotions and anxiety, self-esteem, self-image, etc.)
The service is available, by appointment, Monday to Friday 8:30 to 12:30 and 13:30 to 16:30.
To make an appointment, contact: polipsi(at)polimi.it
All services are provided free of charge to students and PhD students at the Politecnico di Milano.
Full confidentiality and respect for privacy is guaranteed in regard to all details and information exchanged or received.