MIXER FOR FOOD
Data di pubblicazione
Data di priorità
Politecnici di Milano
Department of Design
Giuseppe Fazio; Sofia Secchi; Nicola Besana
Remixer is a blender that allows the user to prepare quickly, easily and consequently a series of monoportion shakes made from variable ingredients, bringing down the long wait times between a preparation and the following one and the complex cleaning operations, since this process occurs automatically, without involving water, in a few seconds and in complete safety inside the appliance’s main body.
Remixer is a system composed of a base of the appliance and of a series of cups with their relative designed lids.
Ingredients are poured in the cup, that is then closed and put upside down on top of the base.
In Remixer a brushless motor moves a metal cylinder containing three retractable blades. The cylinder goes through a plastic container that is closed by a removable lid, working also as placement surface for the cup. The cup is pressed towards the bottom, the plastic container slides and lock down and the blades cylinder lifts an element in the lid and reaches the cup’s inside. The blades come out of the cylinder thanks to the spin and blend the ingredients. When the motor stops, the blades are retracted and the plastic container and the cup spring back to their initial position. The shake is ready for consumption.
Inside the base in a few-second the blades spin inside the plastic container which collects the food debris for a dry centrifugal cleaning, thanks to high speed and a hydro-oil repellent silica-based coating. Remixer is then ready for another cycle of use with another cup.
Periodically, removing the outer shell of the base, it is possible to extract the blades and the food debris container in order to proceed to their intensive cleaning, as well as for the cups and lids used.
Campo di applicazione
• Ho.Re.Ca industry
• Large Cafè/Juice Bar/Diners
• Restaurant chains
• Breakfast buffet in tourist reception facilities
• Reduction of timings for: preparation, consumption of the product and cleaning of the appliance
• - Reduction of the necessary operations for preparation, consumption of product and cleaning of the appliance
• - Reduction of risks connected to the exposure of the user to the blades
• - Reduction of food waste
• - Reduction of the operations for measuring the ingredients
• - Reduction of water waste for cleaning
• - Immediate readiness of the appliance for the next use
Stadio di sviluppo