HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR PRESENTATIONS
(Project laboratory, Intensive Schools, Workshop)
- Language: ENGLISH
- Campus: MILANO CITTÀ STUDI
- Enrollment: 02-05-2019to hour 12:00 on
Rate this course Unrate this course
Do you want this course to be offered again?0 people have already voted
- Teacher in charge
- REDAELLI ALBERTO CESARE LUIGI
- Hours to attend
- Max. number of students
Description of the initiative
The lecture subjects are:
- Improving PowerPoint Presentations
PowerPoint presentations are often wordy, cluttered, and confusing. This workshop will focus on the Assertion-Evidence slide design which eliminates noise from slides, limits the amount of verbal information displayed, and incorporates purposeful visual evidence. This slide design style has been shown to significantly increase audience comprehension and retention of information presented. Dr. Peter and Lori Miraldi will explain how to create Assertion-Evidence presentations and convey complex information to a general audience.
- Managing Speech Anxiety for Effective Delivery
Most people experience some level of anxiety when preparing or giving presentations. Although you cannot eliminate public speaking anxiety, you can manage it and turn that nervous energy into positive enthusiasm. Dr. Peter Miraldi will explain the reasons we get nervous in front of others, and several methods for improving our responses and delivering effective presentations.
- Incorporating Assertion-Evidence Slide Design
As part of the Pennsylvania State University's College of Engineering study abroad program, Dr. Peter and Lori Miraldi's students will present some of their Assertion-Evidence presentations on various problems and engineering solutions. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions and critique the presentations while learning tips and tricks for improving their own engineering talks.
dal May 2019 a May 2019
Back to previous page
- 10 maggio - 17:00/19:00 Improving PowerPoint Presentations
- 14 maggio - 17:00/19:00 Managing Speech Anxiety for Effective Delivery
- 20 maggio- 17:00/19:00 Incorporating Assertion-Evidence Slide Design