DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF PROTOTYPE EMBEDDED SYSTEMS
(Project laboratory, Intensive Schools, Workshop)
- Language: ENGLISH
- Campus: MILANO CITTÀ STUDI
- Enrollment: 05-04-2019to hour 12:00 on
Rate this course Unrate this course
Do you want this course to be offered again?2 people have already voted
- Teacher in charge
- SANTAMBROGIO MARCO DOMENICO
- Hours to attend
- Max. number of students
Description of the initiative
In the century of start-up and entrepreneurs, the capability of one or more individuals to realize with ease a working prototype for their project has become fundamental and critical for success, especially considering the advent of IoT and, more in general, of smart environments. The course 'Design and development of prototype embedded systems', presented by Skyward Experimental Rocketry, gives its participants the chance to learn how to realize a simple prototype system, starting from the definition of project constraints up to the physical realization of the printed circuit board and the implementation of the prototype-specific software. The course is composed of two sections: the first one, focusing on hardware, will explain how to set up a simple embedded system fitting the specifications, how to design the printed circuit board with a hands-on lesson on industry-renowned EDA software Altium Designer, and finally how to realize PCBs with 'DIY' techniques; in the second section, focusing on software, we will see how to design drivers for the various components of the system, tying them together and developing the microcontroller's firmware using real-time operating systems such as Miosix. Depending on availability, the course will end with a 24-hour hackathon in which participants will have the chance to realize a prototype system using the concepts learned throughout the course.
dal April 2019 a May 2019
Back to previous page
- 29 Aprile 2019, 17-19: Progettazione di sistemi embedded (2 ore);
- 2 Maggio 2019, 17-19: PCB Design con Altium Designer (2 ore);
- 3 Maggio 2019, 17-19: Realizzazione di PCB (2 ore);
- 7 Maggio 2019, 17-19: Sviluppo di firmware per sistemi embedded (2 ore);
- 9 Maggio 2019, 17-19: Uso di sistemi operativi real-time per microcontrollori (2 ore).
- 29 Aprile 2019, 19-20: Tutoring e design review hardware;
- 2 Maggio 2019, 19-20: Tutoring e design review hardware;
- 3 Maggio 2019, 19-20: Tutoring e design review hardware;
- 7 Maggio 2019, 19-20: Tutoring e design review software;
- 9 Maggio 2019, 19-20: Tutoring e design review software.
Hackathon: 10-11 Maggio 2019, indicativamente dalle 9 alle 18, Patio Ed. 11 (previa disponibilità degli studenti e del Politecnico).