DATA-LIFE: NYU-POLITECNICO DI MILANO JOINT PROGRAM ON DATA SCIENCE
(Practical activities, Trips and excursions)
- Language: ENGLISH
- Campus: SPAZIO ESTERNO AL POLIMI
- Enrollment: 21-12-2020to hour 12:00 on
Rate this course Unrate this course
Do you want this course to be offered again?13 people have already voted
- Teacher in charge
- BRAMBILLA MARCO
- Hours to attend
- Max. number of students
Description of the initiative
DATA-LIFE is an interdisciplinary education experience involving students and professors from NYU-CUSP (Center for Urban Science and Progress of the New York University) and from DEIB/Design-POLIMI (Departments of Computer Science and Engineering and of Design of Politecnico di Milano).Six selected students, three from NYU and three from Politecnico di Milano, will work collaboratively to solve data science problems, under the supervision of a team of professors from both universities; problems will cross the disciplines of data management, machine learning, data analysis, statistics and mathematics, data visualization and user experience design. Students will craft their solutions by developing the methodology and then the software.This joint venture will provide an exciting project work to students in applied data science, with emphasis on the problems of society.The project aims to analyze and represent the behavior of young generations towards blood donations in the cities of Milano and New York and to understand the main drivers for encouraging these segments to donate blood. More precisely, the issues the project may explore include:
- The role of blood centers and blood donation in young generations' life
- The level of knowledge about the use of blood and the behavior towards donating blood
- Can we find analogies with other social-ethical and future impacting topics i.e. ecology and sustainability?
- What are the main drivers that we can leverage - in the cities of Milano and NY - to boost blood donation on social media among young generations?
- Are there analogies and differences in the behavioral traits and blood donation drivers between the two cities in the target segment?
dal January 2021 a July 2021
Back to previous page
Calendario da definire con NYU