Honours programme Engineering for Sustainable Development
- The Rector or his/her delegate
- The Dean of the School of Industrial and Information Engineering or his/her delegate
- The Dean of the School of Civil, Environmental and Land Management Engineering or his/her delegate
- A Representative of the School of Industrial and Information Engineering
- A Representative of the School of Civil, Environmental and Land Management Engineering
- An external expert Member appointed by the Rector
Every year, the Steering Committee appoints a Selection Committee among the two Schools' professors, responsible for evaluating and selecting the students' applications.
The Steering Committee may avail of a Specialisation Commission, made up of representatives of civil society, public institutions, the private sector and international organisations, which will be appointed at the start of each academic year.
What it is
The Honours Programme entitled "Engineering for Sustainable Development" is a parallel training programme that takes place at the same time as the Laurea Magistrale programmes (equivalent to Masters of Science) of the School of Industrial and Information Engineering, of the School of Civil, Environmental and Land Management Engineering and of Bulding Systems Engineering, Building and Architectural Engineering and of Building Engineering/Architecture of the School of Architecture Urban Planning Construction Engineering.
The aim of the Honours Programme is to enhance and to develop the systemic and cross-discipline skills of future engineers, helping them understand and evaluate global challenges so that they may operate effectively in the field of sustainable development, deploying both theoretical and practical technical skills.
The training programme
The programme includes three distinctive, yet interconnected, elements:
- selection of extracurricular exams among programmes complementary to the one attended
- participation in seminars held by international experts from the public or private sector and from international organisations
- preparation of a thesis on global issues, complemented, where possible, by a field experience in a national, European or non-European organisation
The Honours Programme is an innovative training programme aimed at young, talented, competent and highly motivated students, who are selected based on their profile, on their academic career and on a letter of motivation (or statement of purpose). The Honours Programme alternates the conventional teaching of extracurricular courses with more informal training experiences, such as seminars, in which students listen, gain new experiences and engage in group work. Finally, the programme requires students to develop a technological and/or methodological research project for the purpose of their thesis, complemented, where possible, by a field experience (in a national, European or non-European organisation) based on multidisciplinary issues connected with global development.
- selection_notice.pdf 104 KB