Not-primary information about data processing concerning students
This document is provided pursuant to Article 13 of EU Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on protection of natural persons with regard to personal data processing and in compliance with the legislation on personal data processing.
Data Processing Controller
The Data controller of Politecnico di Milano is the General Manager upon authorization of the pro-tempore Rector – contact: dirgen(at)polimi.it .
Legal basis and purpose of the treatment
The data processing takes place exclusively for the institutional purposes of public interest provided by the laws containing provisions about education, in compliance with the principles of legality, correctness, transparency, relevance, adequacy and needs pursuant to Article 5 of EU Regulation n. 679/2016.
Then, the data will be processed in order to be able to manage the admission application to the study programmes of Politecnico di Milano and prepare what is necessary to allow, always for institutional purposes and specific security needs, the use of technological tools for access purposes containing personal information, available through specific recognition devices.
Subsequently, if the admission request is successful, the data will also be processed to manage the whole university career until the status remains as student, as identified by the Student Career Regulations of Politecnico di Milano, available in the "University Regulations" section of the University Web site (http://www.normativa.polimi.it/).
Finally, the same data, at the end of the student status, will be processed to manage the certifications provided.
The processing of so-called "details" is carried out exclusively for institutional purposes provided by the current law, for what concerns the admission request and the educational career.
In detail, the data collected will be processed for carrying out the following activities:
- enrolment and attendance of lectures of university courses and through e-learning;
- university career management;
- management of curricular and extracurricular internships;
- calculation of the amounts of tuition fees to be paid;
- use of telematic and e-mail services;
- use of library services;
- access to laboratories and other protected facilities;
- sending and communication related to your university career;
- application of safety measures in the workplace according to the provisions of Legislative Decree n. 81/2008;
- disciplinary procedures for students;
- surveys for evaluation of education and customer satisfaction;
- archiving and storage of data concerning the university career (educational career carried out, positions, qualifications obtained);
- elections of student representative and for possible fulfilment of duties related to the position held by the interested party in the University bodies;
- outgoing guidance and job placement activities;
- use of contributions, financial aid and services related to the right to university study;
- statistics and historical and scientific research, on aggregated or anonymous data, without the possibility to identify the user.
Obligation or no obligation to transmission of data
The transmission of personal data must be considered as mandatory.
The failure to communicate data makes it impossible to carry out the operations necessary to finalize the relation between student and University, as well as purposes and correct administrative and educational management of the student career, necessary to fulfil the obligations provided by the law.
The processing of any aggregate or anonymous data does not imply the application of EU Regulation n. 679/2016.
Data categories for calculation of the amounts of tuition fees to be paid
In accordance with Article 14 of EU Regulation n. 679/2016, the calculation of university tuition fees requires that Politecnico di Milano asks you for information on the ISEU value, the members of your family, as well as all the information related to DSU, directly from the INPS database, in application of the D.P.C.M. of 5 December 2013, n. 159, provided that they are not more of what required and related to this purpose, in order to apply possible financial aid.
Special categories of data
For the purposes of data processing mentioned above, in specific situations, particular data categories may be collected and processed upon request of the interested party, such as:
- racial and ethnic origin (for non-EU citizens, and for refugee status);
- state of health (in case of pregnancy or for students with disabilities);
- judicial data (for users and students that were detainees);
- sex life (for any sex assignment rectification).
Categories of data recipients and possible data transfer
The data processed for the aforementioned purposes will be communicated or, in any case, will be accessible to the professors of the study programme you have chosen and to the employees and collaborators of the offices of Politecnico di Milano that, as authorized persons for data processing, will be properly trained by the data controller.
The University can forward your personal data, of which it is the data controller, also to other public administrations or foreign bodies (e.g.: embassies) if these institutions must process them for procedures related to their institutional work, as well as to all those public entities to whom, with the same prerequisites, the communication is compulsorily provided in accordance to EU provisions, laws or regulations, as well as insurance companies for possible accident insurances.
In particular, the personal data processed will be forwarded to the following third parties:
- National Register of Students, as required by law 170 of 11 July 2003;
- Public and private bodies requesting confirmations to self-certifications received, in accordance with the "Consolidated Act regarding the legal and regulatory dispositions on administrative documentation" - Presidential Decree of 28 December 2000, n. 445, modified by article 15 of the law n.183 of 2011;
- Bank Treasurer of Politecnico, for services related to economic transactions.
Data will not be forwarded to third countries or international organizations.
The processing will be carried out, depending on each case, with or without electronic tools, according to principles of correctness, legality, transparency, in order to protect, at any time, the confidentiality and rights of the interested party, in compliance with the provisions of EU Regulation n. 679/2016.
The data will be stored, in accordance with the provisions of current legislation, for a period of time no longer than that one required to achieve the purposes for which they are processed.
Right of the interested party
At any time, the interested party can exercise the rights provided by the EU Regulation n. 679/2016 and in particular:
- Right of access to personal data and all information pursuant to Article 15 of the Regulations;
- Right related to correction and anonymised change of data processed;
- Right to cancel (right to be forgotten) your data, except for those already included in documents that must be kept by Politecnico di Milano and unless there is a legitimate reason in order to proceed with data processing;
- Right to limitation of data processing, pursuant to Article 18 of the Regulations;
- Right to object to personal data processing, without prejudice to what is required in relation to the need for mandatory data processing in order to take advantage of the services offered;
- Right to withdraw the consent given for non-compulsory data processing, without prejudice about legality of treatment, based on the consent given before the withdrawal.