Information for users that access the Historical Archives pursuant to article 13 of eu regulation n. 679/2016 of 27 April 2016
This document is issued pursuant to Article 13 of EU Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on protection of natural persons with regard to personal data processing and in compliance with the legislation on personal data processing, as well as on the free movement of such data.
Data Processing Controller
The Data controller of Politecnico di Milano is the General Manager upon authorization of the pro-tempore Rector – contact: dirgen(at)polimi.it.
Responsible for Data Protection and Contact Points
Dr. Vincenzo Del Core - privacy(at)polmi.it tel.: 02.2399.9378
DATA PROCESSING PURPOSES, LEGAL BASIS, CATEGORIES OF DATA AND RETENTION PERIOD
In application of European and national legislation on the subject (Reg. (EU) 679/2016, hereinafter the Regulation), please note that your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
Nature of data
The data collected is mandatory. Failure and/or refusal to communicate the necessary data will make it impossible to access the services offered and to make use of the archival heritage preserved by the Library and Archives Services.
Processing will be carried out, electronically and otherwise, by staff appointed by the Library and Archives Services or by the Museum Activities Service, according to procedures and using tools such as can guarantee the security and confidentiality of data.
Data will be processed with the aid of computer tools to facilitate the retrieval of sources, but also through the use of online search instruments, and in any case in accordance with principles of fairness
and non-discrimination against users accessing the historical archives (see Chapter I, Article 1 and Chapter II of the Code of Ethics and Good Conduct with regard to Processing Personal Data for Historical Purposes).
As far as is compatible, the Code of Ethics and Good Conduct with regard to Processing Personal Data for Historical Purposes shall apply for the purposes indicated under number 3, in accordance with art. 20 of Italian Legislative Decree no. 101 dated 10 August 2018.
The data of all those who make use of the services offered will be collected. Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
Transfer to Extra-Eu Countries
Personal data may be transferred abroad, in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations, even in countries outside the European Union when this is necessary for one of the purposes indicated in this information document. The transfer to non-EU countries, in addition to cases where this is guaranteed by the adequacy decisions of the European Commission, is carried out in a way to provide the appropriate guarantees required by the articles 46 or 47 or 49 of the Regulations.
Rights of the interested parties
At any time, the interested party can exercise the rights provided by the EU Regulation n. 679/2016 and in particular:
- Right of access to personal data and all information pursuant to Article 15 of the Regulations;
- Right related to correction and anonymised change of data processed;
- Right to cancel (right to be forgotten) your data, except for those already included in documents that must be kept by Politecnico di Milano and unless there is a legitimate reason in order to proceed with data processing;
- Right to limitation of data processing, pursuant to Article 18 of the Regulations;
- Right to object to personal data processing, without prejudice to what is required in relation to the need for mandatory data processing in order to take advantage of the services offered;
- Right to withdraw the consent given for non-compulsory data processing, without prejudice about legality of treatment, based on the consent given before the withdrawal.
Methods of exercise of the Rights and complaint
Last update: July 9, 2020