Pursuant to article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, we inform you that the personal data acquired are processed, also through automated means, by Politecnico di Milano - Communication and External Relations, for participation in the Open day of Politecnico di Milano, and for communication on future events, initiatives and activities of Politecnico.
Underage kids, before providing the University with their data, are required to read the information carefully with their parents or tutor. Parents or any legal representatives of underage users can exercise their rights by writing to privacy(at)polimi.it.
Data Controller – Identity and Contact
The Data controller of Politecnico di Milano is the General Director upon authorization of the pro-tempore Rector – contact: dirgen(at)polimi.it
Data Protection Officer – Identity and Contact
Dr. Vincenzo Del Core - privacy(at)polmi.it tel.: 02.2399.9378
Internal data processor
Dr. Chiara Bianca Pesenti - e-mail chiara.pesenti(at)polimi.it. Data will be processed by other authorized parties and, for this purpose, in compliance with current legislation.
Personal information acquired
The data collected are basically related to personal data, contacts, school/reference institution attended, areas of interest. These data are directly provided by the interested party.
Purposes of data processing
The purpose of personal data processing is to participate and document the Open Day (also through videos, audio recordings and images). The data provided will be used to organize, manage and document the event with images and videos and to send communication on future events, initiatives and activities of Politecnico.
The data is processed to help and provide monitoring actions, in order to avoid early school leaving. The data are processed, for example, in contexts related to activities as:
- invitation and participation in educational guidance events: the data provided will be used only to organize, promote, manage and support the event (also through video audio recordings and images).
- Participation in individual guidance activities
- Sending - also through social media channels - notifications for guidance and communication activities organized by Politecnico, information about deadlines and procedures, scientific dissemination,
The following table specifies, for each of the purposes identified above, the legal basis, the categories of personal data, and their related storage period:
We inform you that guidance events can be subject to filming and audio-video recordings. The data related to treatment, included images, filming and audio/video recordings (hereinafter, the "Images"), also in partial and/or modified or adapted form, realized during the event will be treated in full respect of the GDPR. The data will be processed, also through electronic means, by specifically appointed subjects, for dissemination and communication activities of Politecnico di Milano. The collected Images will be kept, also in electronic form and on any technological support for the purposes and within the limits defined above and may be disseminated in accordance with Law n. 150/2000 on institutional sites as well as through social network channels (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, by way of example and not limited to). You cannot be entitled to any compensation for the use of images. Politecnico di Milano has the right to access or disclose the User's images without any consent, according to Article 97 of the law n. 633/1941. This authorization implies the granting of a non-exclusive license, without limits of duration and for the whole world, that can be transferred to third parties, for the use of the Materials and includes the rights mentioned in the following Articles, from 12 to 19 of the law n. 633 of 22 April 1941, including but not limited to: publication right; reproduction right through any mean or in any form; right of transcription, editing, adaptation, processing and reduction; right of communication to the public and dissemination, including screening, broadcasting and dissemination rights, also in a summarized and/or reduced version, by any technical means, the right to keep a copy of the Materials, also on electronic means and on any technological support already known or available in the future for the purposes and within the limits defined above.
In any case, it is excluded, pursuant to the aforementioned Article and pursuant to Article 10 of the Civil Code, any use of the Images that could undermine the honour, the reputation or the position of the person filmed or registered.
Nature of data and possible outcomes about failure to provide data
The consent to data processing, for the purposes mentioned above, is free and optional.
However, any refusal will imply to not participate in the event and/or to not subscribe for initiatives and information services of Politecnico Guidance Service.
Data Transfer to Extra EU Country
The personal data will not be, in any way, transferred to non-EU Countries
Rights of the interested party
The interested party, in relation to the personal data subject of this information, has the right to exercise the rights provided by the EU Regulation mentioned below:
- right of access of the interested party [Article 15 of the EU Regulation] (the possibility of being informed about the processing performed on his/her Personal Data and eventually receive a copy);
- right to correct personal data [Article 16 of the EU Regulation] (the interested party has the right to correction of incorrect personal data concerning him/her);
- right to cancel their Personal Data without unnecessary delay ("right to be forgotten") [Article 17 of the EU Regulation] (the interested party has, and will have, the right to cancel his/her data);
- right to limitation of his/her personal data processing, in the cases provided by Article 18 of the EU Regulation, including the case of unlawful processing or objections about the accuracy of Personal Data by the interested party [Article 18 of the EU Regulation];
- right to data portability [Article 20 of the EU Regulation], the interested party may request his/her Personal Data in a structured format, in order to forward them to another data controller, according to the cases provided by the same article;
- right to object to personal data processing [Article 21 of the EU Regulation] (the interested party has, and will have, the right to object the processing of his/her personal data);
- the right not to be subjected to automated decision-making processes [Article 22 of the EU Regulation] (the interested party has, and will have, the right not to be subjected to a decision based solely on automated processing).
Further information about the rights of the interested party is available on the web site www.garanteprivacy.it.
Politecnico di Milano, in compliance with Article 19 of the EU Regulation, will inform recipients, to whom the personal data have been communicated, about any corrections, cancellations or limitations of the treatment requested, where this is possible.
With reference to the aforementioned purposes, the interested party has the right to proceed, at any time, to the withdrawal of consent for identity and personal data processing by sending an email to: privacy(at)polimi.it.
Pursuant to Article 7 of the EU Regulation, the withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of treatment, based on the consent before the withdrawal.
Right to submit a complaint
If the interested party deems that his/her rights have been compromised, she/he has the right to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority, according to the procedures indicated by this Authority at the following internet address www.garanteprivacy.it/web/guest/home/docweb/-/docweb-display/docweb/4535524.
Personal data will be processed in paper, computerized and telematic form and stored in dedicated databases to which the access will be allowed, and therefore they become aware of, to the employees clearly appointed by the Data Controller as Internal Data Processor, who may carry out consultation, use, processing, comparison and any other appropriate operation, even automated, in compliance with the provisions of law necessary to ensure, inter alia, the confidentiality and security of data as well as the accuracy, updating and relevance of the data with respect to the stated purposes.
Changes and updates
This privacy information is valid from the subheading date. Politecnico di Milano - Communication and External Relations could also make changes and/or additions to this information also as an outcome of any subsequent amendments and/or regulatory additions. The interested party can view the text of the information, constantly updated, on the website https://www.polimi.it/privacy
Last update: February 14, 2018