Call2Fly: call for high-potential innovative start-ups
Top 20 will attend BeReady2Fly meet-up event with investors and industries
BeReady2Fly is the first event created by the Politecnico di Milano, Università Bocconi and their respective incubators, PoliHub and Speed Mi Up, aimed at promoting meetings between potential investors, companies and the best high-potential start-ups from the two university ecosystems.
The initiative, in partnership with Borsa Italiana (the Italian stock exchange) and supported by Citi Ventures, Deloitte’s Officine Innovazione and Tinaba | Sator, is aimed at High Flyer Start-ups, innovative businesses that are approaching the scale-up phase and are looking for financing, new business opportunities, partners and talent to sustain their growth.
To select the top 20 High Flyer Start-ups that will be accepted onto BeReady2Fly, a Call2Fly is being launched, where high-flyer companies in the Politecnico di Milano and Bocconi network can apply.
You have until 21 October 2018 to submit your application.
To qualify as a High-Flyer, companies must be established no longer than seven years and must meet at least two of the following criteria:
- have generated a turnover of at least €500,000 in 2017
- have raised at least €500,000 of financing since their establishment in the form of equity, debt or funding from the European Commission
- have received a formal valuation that values the company at or above €1m.
To be considered part of the network, companies must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- be currently following or have already completed an incubation and/or acceleration programme at PoliHub and/or Speed Mi Up
- at least one of the company co-founders is currently a student, professor, researcher at the Politecnico di Milano and/or the Università Bocconi
- at least one of the company co-founders has obtained a Laurea at any level or a Master post-experience at the Politecnico di Milano/MIP and/or the Università Bocconi/SDA Bocconi School of Management.
The 20 winning companies will take part in BeReady2Fly, which will take place on 26 November in Palazzo Mezzanotte in Piazza degli Affari in Milan, the seat of the Borsa Italiana.
The selected companies will be introduced and then business matching sessions will be held behind closed doors. These will be one-to-one meetings between the winning entrepreneurs from the call and potential investors or business partners: an important opportunity to create funding opportunities, partnerships and get opinions or suggestions on how to consolidate your idea.
The partnership between academia, companies and institutions provided by BeReady2Fly is fundamental in helping to relaunch the Italian start-up ecosystem and to the potential subsequent positive social impact generated by the creation of new entrepreneurship.