Test On Line (TOL)
You can take the TOL in various sessions from February to July 2022.
- First Session: from 1st February to 29th March 2022
- Second Session: from 21st March to 14th May 2022
- Third Session: from 16th May to 9th July 2022
The sessions from February to July are available to all students of the penultimate and final year of high school and to high school graduates.
The admission test will be on line.
How to register to the TOL test
1. Online Services Registration
Before registering for the test, you must register for the online Services: go to www.polimi.it/onlineservices and click on the "New user? Register" link. Follow the instructions: it's simple and intuitive. You should read the warnings before registering to ensure you don’t make any mistakes.
Have your details at hand
You will be asked to enter your personal data. including your tax code and a personal email address. Be careful to type the email correctly. You will receive a message at this address with a request for registration confirmation. You will need this address to recover your password. If you want, you can see a preview data entry screen.
Password and person code
You will be asked to set a password that you will use each time you access the Online Services. You can prepare it before registering: it must be a word of at least six characters, with at least two alphabetic characters. At the end of the registration your person code will be issued.
Print the receipt
If you register from a device connected to a printer, you can print the person code screen using the screen function. After a few minutes you will receive a confirmation email with the summary of the data. Click on the link in the email to complete the registration process and validate your address.
Remember your person code and password. You will need them to access the Politecnico di Milano online services such as your test registration, or submit applications and study plans, consult lecture classrooms and times, register for exams, and print certificates.
You can access the Online Services and register for the admission tests using your SPID credentials.
SPID is the access system that allows you to use online services of the Public Administration and accredited private individuals using a unique digital identity. If you already have a level 2 SPID digital identity, you can use it to access the Politecnico online services: go to www.polimi.it/onlineservices choose "Access with SPID" and enter the credentials assigned by your manager.
More information is available on www.spid.gov.it/domande-frequenti
However, you cannot use your SPID credentials for authentication when taking the admission test.
On the test day, the classroom supervisor will provide your login credentials: Person code and password.
2. Test registration and fee payment
ATTENTION: Paying admission does not mean you are registered to take the test. At the end of the procedure you will see the screen with the time, day and exam room and can print the test registration receipt. This means you are correctly registered. When you re-enter the application you will see the "Registration receipt" link.
Follow the instructions below.With your person code and password (obtained during registration) you can access the Online Services. Click on the "Laurea Triennale (equivalent to Bachelor of Science) programmes: entry or recovery test and registration" link and select "Engineering Test Registration":
- enter the details of your identity document, which must be the same document shown to the Examination Board on the day you take the test
- enter the data related to your high school: if you cannot find the name of your school in our list, select “not found” and type the full name of the school in the correct field
- select the day, location and time when you want to take the TOL test: for each date you can see if there are available seats in real time
- if you take the TOL during your penultimate year of high school the choice of the course is indicative and can be confirmed or changed when you register in the first registration time slot once you have obtained the high school diploma
- if you take the TOL in the last year of high school or have already graduated, you can choose up to four preferences from among the Engineering study programmes; the preferences you indicate are binding for registration in the second standard time slot, based on your position in the ranking. These preferences may be changed until noon on 20 July 2020 after the publication of the remaining seats available for the first early registration time slot.
- pay the € 30 registration fee.
Access the Online Services and click on the "Laurea Triennale (equivalent to Bachelor of Science) programmes link: entry or recovery test and registration" select "TOL Engineering Test Registration".
You can choose between:
- IMMEDIATE PAYMENT by credit or prepaid card (PagoPA form 1).
Attention: if you exceed the time required to complete the payment and registration process you may need to re-enter the application to complete and confirm your test registration
- LATER PAYMENT by home banking or at accredited payment service providers (PagoPA form 3).
Attention: once you have made your payment choice you must re-enter the application to complete and confirm your test registration. If you do not re-enter and complete the registration, payment alone will not allow you to take the test.
Please note that it is impossible to pay using the PagoPA payment system at Poste Italiane.
If you lose your receipt, you can reprint it by accessing the Online Services and clicking on the "Laurea Triennale (equivalent to Bachelor of Science) programmes: entry or recovery tests and registration" link and select "TOL test Registration". This receipt contains: your identification code, the test date, time, location and the examination room. If you attempt to take your test in a room other than the one indicated on the receipt, you will not be admitted.
If you are a student with disability or dyslexia, you can report it during test registration. For more information see the page Assistance for students with disabilities or dyslexia.
Paying admission does not mean you are registered to take the test. At the end of the procedure you will see the screen with the time, day and exam room and can print the test registration receipt. This means you are correctly registered. When you re-enter the application you will see the "Registration receipt" link.
There is no payment reimbursement, unless Politecnico di Milano could not guarantee the performance of the TOL test.
After the test: enrolment
Three distinct enrolment periods are foreseen:
- Early session: 11 July - 14 July
- Second standard Session:
According to remaining available places and to the preferences expressed by the applicants, a new ranking will be published stating whether you can enroll or not in one of the courses of your choice.
First Ranking (19 July – 21 July)
Second Ranking (26 July – 28 July)
Third Ranking (2 August – 4 August)
- Third standard Session: 23 August – 25 August
IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO ENROLL IN THE PROGRAMME ASSIGNED IN THE RANKING, YOU CAN PROCEED WITH ENROLMENT FROM 10.30 A.M. OF THE FIRST DAY TO 11.59 P.M. OF THE LAST DAY.
Only one position in the ranking for the enrolment will be assigned to the candidates. If you result as assigned but do not complete the enrolment within the deadline you will considered as renouncing and you could not register in the next rankings or sessions.
If you are not eligible in any of your choices, you can participate in the next session, registering in the ranking; choose four other preferences among the available places. Otherwise, you will be considered as renouncing.