Polimi International Fellowships - Edition 2015 [now closed]
The Politecnico di Milano International Fellowships is a new R&D funding program designed to attract young, bright and highly motivated post-doc researchers from all over the world. The program is part of a wider strategy of our University that aims to enhance the internationalization of competences, research activities and key actors.
Politecnico di Milano offers 11 positions for research grants lasting 2 years (with possible renewal for 1 additional year), open to the following research areas:
- MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES AND INFORMATICS, PHYSICAL SCIENCES (1-3 fellowships)
- CIVIL ENGINEERING AND ARCHITECTURE, EARTH SCIENCES, SOCIAL SCIENCES AND HUMANITIES (2-5 fellowships)
- INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING AND ICT, CHEMICAL SCIENCES, BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES, MEDICAL SCIENCES (3-7 fellowships)
The Post-Docs will work together with selected R&D groups belonging to the Departments of Politecnico di Milano.
Each research grant has a value of 35,000 € per year (gross of fees charged to the contractor). The deadline for the submission of the proposals is 25th May 2015. The call for applicants and documents useful to submit the applications are available on the Polimi website.
To participate in the call, candidates must submit their application following the instructions described in the call and pay a fee of 25.82 € within the deadline set, with no right to any reimbursement.
This fee may be paid by:
- bank transfer to the following bank account:
Banca Popolare di Sondrio, Branch 21, via Bonardi 4 – 20133 Milan, IBAN:
IT34T0569601620000001600X69 and SWIFT: POSOIT22, account holder: Politecnico di Milano - Piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32 - 20133 Milan, with the description: “Call for Applications PIF – Polimi International Fellowships, Index n° 1378, Ref. n° 15881, UOR Selections and Competitions Service”
- credit card, using the following procedure:
- connect to the website https://scrigno.popso.it/PagoFacile/servlet/SeBenvenuto;
- select “Anonymous access”, “spot”, indicating “Politecnico di Milano” as the beneficiary and “Selection Polimi Fellowships” as the type of payment;
- fill in the blank fields.
Failure to pay the aforesaid contribution, applicants will be excluded.
Documentation - Download
- Call for application
- Application Form
- Attachment A: list of scientific publications/products
- Attachment A1: list of all the other attachments
- Attachment B: self - certificate for scientific publications/products
- Attachment C: proposal for a research project
- Attachment D: reference letter
- Selection Committee
- Pre-Selection Results
- Selection Results
- Final approval of the deeds
- Other Decrees
- Other Decrees
Politecnico di Milano offers the following types of accommodations:
- For a single person:
- Galilei Residence (Milano, via Corridoni 22) single room sharing the bathroom with another single room (if possible, single room with its own bathroom)
- Casa dello Studente Leonardo da Vinci (Milano, viale Romagna 62) single room sharing the bathroom with another single room (if possible, single room with its own bathroom)
- Campus Martinitt (Milano, via Pitteri 56): only single rooms with their own bathroom
- For a person with family:
- Gauss Residence (Milano, via Zuccoli 19) two/three- room flats for two/three/four persons
- Khayyam Residence (Milano, via Botticelli 2-6) only flats for two persons
- Dateo Residence (Milano, piazzale Dateo 5) two/three- room flats for two/three/four persons own bathroom
Rents effective from September 2015 will be published within the end of June 2015 on the website www.residenze.polimi.it. All the services included in the rent are listed on the website www.residenze.polimi.it; overall, the accommodation costs include: rent, utility bills, internet connection. Regarding Gauss, Khayyam and Dateo Residence even the building expenses are included. Rents can change according to the consumer price index (ISTAT – FOI index).
The Polimi International Fellowship winners who want to be accommodated in one of Politecnico di Milano residence halls can have a discount of the 50% on the monthly fee. The discount is applied only to the members of the family unit . To this end, please note that we consider as “family” both persons related by marriage (with or without children) and more uxorio cohabiting couples, which live together (not occasionally) with or without children. Pets are not allowed.
If a Polimi International Fellowship winner is interested in Polimi accommodations, especially if he/she wants to come with family, we recommend to contact "Politecnico di Milano – Area Servizi Residenziali" (Politecnico di Milano – Housing Service) immediately after the publication of final results, filling in the attached form and sending it by e-mail to residenze(at)polimi.it.
The Service will identify the most suitable accommodation according to the rooms/apartments available in the requested period. The confirmation of the apartments is subject to their effective availability, for this reason the booking process will take almost three months. In case of not immediate availability of an apartment, a couple can be temporary hosted in a double room.