How to apply for incoming Erasmus Students
Students interested in applying for an exchange period at the Politecnico di Milano, first have to contact the International Office of their home institution and ask there for information, since each partner university has its own pre-selection process with specific pre-requisites and timing.
Students may apply from 1st April to 15th May for Autumn arrivals and from 1st October to 15th November for Spring arrivals.
Students selected by their home institution are invited to
- register in order to get person code and password (New User? Register). Keep a copy of the ID card or passport ready for up-load
- complete all five parts of the application form using the achieved person code and password to get access to the On-line application. The first part imports data from the registration (step 1) and is already completed, but please check the correctness.
- PLEASE NOTE: architecture students should follow these rules for course selection
Only applications from students who have been officially nominated by their home university will be considered.
A confirmation message will be sent to all accepted exchange students during the weeks after deadline. A formal acceptance letter for exchange students applying for visa, can be downloaded by authorized staff (nominators) at the partner university.
In due time before arrival (Fall or Spring semester as indicated in the application) a detailed Handbook is sent to accepted incoming students.
Applicants may log in even after deadline (using their person code and password) in order to:
- check how their application proceeds (nomination by home university, acceptance as an exchange student)
- modify the preliminary Study Plan (the official course catalogue is published in July)
Once enrolled at Politecnico di Milano students will prepare their definitive Polimi Study Plan using the on-line service "Study plan for incoming exchange students".
By the end of the mobility and after the assessment period, authorized staff (nominators) may generate an official Transcript of Records. The Transcript of Records can be generated if there is at least an attempt to pass an exam and if check-out date has been registered at Studesk. The day of the last exam (if available) will be used as check-out date when missing.