How to apply for Double Degrees
Students interested in applying for a Double Degree programme at Politecnico di Milano have to contact the International Relations Office of their home institution and ask there for information, since each partner university has its own pre-selection process with specific pre-requisites and timing.
Students may apply from 1st April to 15th May for Autumn arrivals and from 1st October to 15th November for Spring arrivals.
PLEASE NOTE: only applications from students who have been officially nominated by their home university will be considered.
The candidate has to complete the application form by uploading:
1st PDF file:
- a transcript of records of previous studies (*)
- statement of purpose (to be written in English or Italian)
- curriculum vitae (to be written in English or Italian)
- any foreign language certificate (if available)
(*) for students enrolling in Architecture programmes only: brief but detailed descriptions of the contents of each course taken, including the number of hours, printed out from the university website or signed by the head of department of the study programme.
Transcript of records and detailed description of courses taken can be accepted in Italian, English, French and Spanish.
2nd PDF file:
- portfolio (only for Architecture and Design students)
Please note that the portfolio can be required in original. In this case the candidate will be contacted directly by Studesk of reference.
A confirmation message will be sent to all accepted double degree students.
An acceptance letter will be sent to accepted double degree students applying for Visa.
Pre-registered students may log-in even after deadline (using their username and password) in order to:
- check how their application proceeds (accepted as an exchange student)
- modify the Learning agreement
Once enrolled at POLIMI students will prepare their definitive Study Plan/Learning agreement together with referent professor.
At arrival the accepted students will be required to present the following original documents to their Studesk of reference:
- transcript of records
- passport or identity card (the same used in the application form)