In 1933 the XCine, a modern cinema, was inaugurated in a building in Via Ciro Menotti. During the war the building was destroyed by bombing and was rebuilt between the fifties and sixties with the cinema too. In 1978 the XCine was turned into the Cineteatro Milanese, with only a theatrical program. Starting in 1979, Teatro dell’Elfo developed in this place and remained here until 2010, when Tieffe Teatro company acquired the headquarters and renamed it Teatro Menotti.
Menotti theatre offers Politecnico community:
- a reduced ticket at 11,50€ (10,00€ + 1,50€ presale), instead of 32,00 €. You can apply the reduced price to another person; the tickets are subjected to availability;
- information on shows and possibility to participate in meetings with actors, directors, open rehearsals
- discounts on group tickets (small group of at least 6 people);
- discounted tickets on reruns dedicated to students;
As part of the initiative Teatro,Cinema,Concerti...in BICI, Teatro Menotti offers ather discounted tickets, subjected to availability:
- a reduced ticket at €10,00, everyday
- a reduced ticket at €8,00, on wednesday
To enjoy the benefits dedicated to Politecnico community, you have to show your university badge/card and your ID at the ticket office. You can book the tickets writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the number 02/36592538; then you can collect the tickets at the ticket office on the show evening.
To buy the discounted tickets for Teatro, Cinema, Concerti...in BICI initiative, you have to prove that you used the bicycle to go to the theater. You have to book the tickets writing to email@example.com and show at the ticket office your key of the lock or your BikeMi subscription when you get the ticket.