How to submit the Study Plan
To submit the Study Plan, within the period indicated in the "Deadlines" section, access the Online Services and select the "Presentation" function in the "Study Plan" section. You can complete a Study Plan by selecting courses that you want include from the educational plan of your Study Programme, by adding a minimum of 30 and a maximum of 80 ECTS. It is possible to submit a Study Plan that has courses for less than 30 ECTS only in specific situations, such as students with OFA - additional educational obligations; students next to conclusion of their studies; students that enroll to Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science) Study Programmes in the second semester (for this last category the minimum limit is 15 ECTS).
- the number of ECTS inserted in the Study Plan will affect the amount of university tuition fees
- if you are a student of a Laurea (equivalent to Bachelor of Science) Study Programme, you can add a maximum of 32 ECTS as extra's courses for the whole duration of the programme, in accordance to what stated in the different Educational Rules, excluded the approved ECTS as extra after changes and transfers
- if you are a student enrolled in Laurea (equivalent to Bachelor of Science) and in Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science) Study Programmes of the Engineering Schools and of the School of Architecture Urban Planning Construction Engineering, you can make optional changes to Study Plan in the second semester
Online Procedure to submit the Study Plan
Through the specific Online Services function available to submit the Study Plan (Online Services > Customized services > Career data > Study Plan Submission), you will find a list of information including:Academic Calendar (where you can find the submission date of the Plan and the half-year change, if provided);Service Communication related to your educational path;School Communication that allows you to directly access your School's notices and Educational rules;Information on how to draw up a Study Plan (general summary information about Study Plan submission and a tutorial video about submission procedure).
At the beginning of the procedure, the list of courses that still are not passed is automatically shown. For some engineering Study Programmes, you could choose the class of Laurea and its specialization, make your choices and go on with the plan compilation.
You can enter in your Study Plan:
Courses provided by the Study Programme regulation to which you are enrolled. To add them, select the green shopping cart icon “Required”.
Courses that are included in Laurea Study Programmes different from the one to which you are enrolled, but that are included in calculation for graduation. Their insertion in the Study Plan must be approved by the Study Programme Board. To add them, select the red shopping cart icon “Independent”.
Courses as extra
Courses that do not contribute to achieve the required number of credits necessary for the “Laurea” (equivalent to Bachelor of Science); passing them is optional and therefore they are not included in calculation of the score average. On the other side, they are included in the maximum limit of 80 ECTS provided by the Study Plan and they are included in the total amount of ECTS which establish the all-inclusive contribution. They are included in the student’s career and in the certificates issued (if passed).
To add an educational exam/activity as extra, select the purple shopping cart icon “As Extra” and insert the exams, which can be chosen also from other Study Programmes.
You can sit as extra exams until the day before the degree exam sessions and not after that date. The as extra exams can be substituted in the first available session after enrollment in Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science), if attendance has been validated (they will be included as “required” in the new Study Plan).
It is possible to change an exam from "required" to "as extra" and vice versa, for courses that are part of Study Plans approved in previous years, in compliance with the limitations provided by the educational rules, only in the submission period of the Study Plan at the beginning of the first semester and this implies that you must enroll in the new academic year.
If you are a student of a Laurea (equivalent to Bachelor of Science) Study Programme, you can ask a maximum of 32 ECTS. If you are a student of a Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science) Study Programme, you do not have a limit to the number of ECTS related to as extra exams to add to the Study Plan.
- please check the Educational Rules of your study programme to verify if there are any limits to the inclusion of specific as extra courses
- there is no guarantee that exams passed "as extra" will be recognized in case of subsequent admission application to Laurea (equivalent to Bachelor of Science) and Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science) Study programmes that have those exams in their educational offer
Always remember to save and print the confirmation receipt of the Study Plan.
Academic Year 2021/2022