OFA (Additional Education Obligations) of English and Italian
COVID-19 Emergency: English Language Certifications Recognised from Remote
Due to the current restrictions related to the COVID-19 emergency, special remote English language certification tests are now being offered.
To obtain english certification for the admission to the Master Degree and to remove OFA- ENG
- ETS started organising TOEFL Special Home Edition tests on 23 March 2020 - For more information
- EAS, the official TOEIC distributor and test centre, is organising TOEIC tests from remote in Italy - For more information
- British Language Services / Linguaviva the official TOEIC distributor and test centre in Italy, is organising TOEIC tests from remote - For more information
Another possibility to remove the OFA ENG is:
- Language Academy organizes remote testing in video conferencing - For more information
- EAS the official TOEIC distributor and test centre, is organising Redesigned TOEIC BRIDGE@home tests from remote in Italy - For more information
- British Language Services/ Linguaviva organizes test from Home via Remote Proctoring - For more information
- The British Institutes organizes online tests: use of English - listening - writing that can be taken at home and video conferences for the speaking part, with a student's identity verification, in order to confirm (or not) the online result - Further information
English OFA and OFA Test
English OFA and OFA Test are assigned to students who enroll in a Laurea (equivalent to three-year Bachelor of Science) if any weakness is found in his/her basic education. The student is required to recover these weaknesses (through the fulfilment of OFA) during the academic year and according to the methods described in the following pages.
Students enrolled in English-language degree courses in Civil Engineering (international track), and Architectural Design (international track) must meet the English OFA additional educational obligations by submitting one of the certifications shown in the table on the students’ page for the English-language Laurea Triennale (equivalent to Bachelor of Science) programmes to the Registrar’s Office.
The TENG English section of the TOL, for students of the English-language degree course in Civil Engineering, and the ARCHED test, for students of the English-language degree course in Architectural Design, is insufficient to certify the required level of knowledge.
Attention: the assignment of OFA implies restrictions in the compilation of the Study Plan. These restrictions remain active until the student recovers the OFA. If the OFA are fulfilled after the deadline provided for submitting the Study Plan, the student can still submit one with limitations.
The Italian OFA is awarded to all international students admitted:
- to all English-language Master's Degree courses
- to the Laurea (equivalent to three-year Bachelor of Science) in Architectural Design - EN
- to the Laurea (equivalent to three-year Bachelor of Science) in Civil Engineering – EN
Foreign students will therefore have to demonstrate their knowledge of the Italian language before sitting the degree examination and completing their studies.