The Polimi Tour Guide is the point of reference for any visitors who wish to explore our campuses, whether they are prospective students or simply interested in the history of our university.
The Polimi Tour Guide is also recognisable thanks to the official Politecnico merchandise that they wear, and their job is to guide visitors around, explaining the history of the buildings, showing them the university’s spaces and facilities for both studying and taking a break, and providing the sort of information that only a student who knows all the ins and outs of the campuses can give.
If you like working closely with people and you’re proud of being able to helping others to explore your university, then this is the right activity for you!
- they welcome visitors at the meeting points
- they take the group on the tour, making the various stops along the way
- they convey the information contained in the material provided
- they answer questions and provide insights into their experience of living and studying on the campus
- they get the opportunity to come into contact with people of different cultures and nationalities
This experience will help you to improve:
- time management and organisational skills
- communication skills
- knowledge of the English and Italian language
You can obtain a lot from it, such as:
- skills that can prove helpful later on in the world of employment
- an Open Badge (Magnetic Student Card) certification
We would like to reward your helpfulness and professionalism by presenting you with an electronic OPEN BADGE, which will certify the great work done over the semester.
The OPEN BADGE is an internationally recognised digital document that certifies the skills you have acquired. Once obtained, your certificate will automatically appear on your LinkedIn profile, and you can download a link to add to your curriculum vitae.
To obtain the Polimi Tour Guide Badge, students must meet the following requirements:
- participation in the training day
- availability for at least 60% of the tours scheduled over the semester
- filling in reports
- positive feedback from the office
In order to obtain positive feedback, the student must demonstrate: punctuality, courtesy, collaboration, helpfulness, and the ability to tackle unexpected situations.
Any student enrolled for the A.Y. 2021/2022 at Politecnico di Milano in Laurea Triennale (equivalent to Bachelor of Science), Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science) and PhD courses, who also intend to enrol for the A.Y. 2022/2023.
It is possible to apply to become a Polimi Tour Guide for the first semester of the academic year 2022/2023 from 20 June to 11 July 2022.
The project is run on a voluntary basis; as such, this is not a paid position.
Students will be selected taking into consideration the following criteria:
- Known languages (English and Italian)
- Previous experiences
No specific training is required. The Community Life and Merchandising Unit will support you in acquiring the necessary skills, organise an online training day to explain how the project works, answer all your questions, and send you the material containing all the information you will need to do at best your Polimi Tour Guide job.