On the occasion of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, established by the United Nations General Assembly with Resolution 54/134 on December 17 1999, and identified on November 25th of each year, the Politecnico di Milano promotes a rich schedule of events (that will be in Italian) for the internal community and for the whole citizenship: two exhibitions, two conferences, and a theater show.
BL27 – Bovisa Campus - La Masa
Exhibition of illustrations by Anarkikka on the theme of gender-based violence and the language of the media in narrating the phenomenon. Public opening with the presence of the artist on November 21st, at 5:30 pm.
Tunnel Campus Leonardo-Bonardi
The exhibition collects the results of the first edition of "We say stop" (www.wesaystop.it). Young designers, through a call for posters, have had the opportunity to make their voices heard by deploying the tools, methods, and languages of communication design to design posters aimed at combating, denouncing, and preventing the various forms of violence perpetrated by men against women. Project curated by the group DCxCG, Communication Design and Gender Cultures. Promoted by: Interuniversity Research Center for Gender Cultures and SID, Italian Society of Design.
5:00 pm, Aula Rogers, Building 11 - Leonardo Campus
At the center of the meeting is the presentation of the project "We say stop. Graphics to counter violence against women". The seminar is an opportunity for reflection on the contribution that the university and design can make in supporting paths of knowledge and awareness on the phenomenon of violence against women, expressing the strength of collective work and the construction of networks. The meeting will take place in a hybrid mode to allow connection with universities in the network and will conclude with the simultaneous inauguration of the exhibitions "We say stop."
5:00 pm, Aula Vetrata, Building 13 (Trifoglio) - Leonardo Campus
Roundtable on secondary victimization with the participation of Fabio Roia, Magistrate and Deputy President of the Milan Court; Silvia Terrana, Municipal Police of the Municipality of Milan; Marco Deriu, Associazione Maschile Plurale; Simona Rossitto, journalist for Il Sole 24 Ore.
For registrations: https://forms.office.com/e/ULicwTu63Y
12:30 pm, Aula Carassa e Dadda, BL28 - Bovisa Campus - La Masa
Theatrical performance by the cultural association Teatro in Mostra that addresses the theme of violence against women, particularly domestic violence. A reinterpretation of a classic fairy tale without the happy ending.
For registrations: https://forms.office.com/e/4JEFBP2wdq
5:30 pm, Aula De Donato, Building 3 - Leonardo Campus
Roundtable organized by Polihero, La Terna Sinistrosa, and Svoltastudenti to discuss and reflect on the themes of gender-based violence and the recent events in Palermo, together with the collective Non Una di Meno.
- Prevention of violence and stalking: International Day for the elimination of violence against women 2022
- Awareness-raising initiatives to combat gender-based violence
- Provision of a special counselling service for stalking victims
- The Single Guarantee Committee acts as a tool for preventing and combating discrimination, not only due to gender, but also to age, disability, ethnicity, language, race and sexual orientation
- The Listening and Work-related Distress Counselling Desk: this is a counselling service on relational and organisational issues for teaching, technical and administrative staff who are suffering work-related stress, and is aimed at identifying hypotheses and strategies for improving and resolving the problem. Dr Alice Fattori is available by appointment at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Confidential Counsellor provides advice and help to whistleblowers of events of discrimination and bullying, or sexual, moral and psychological harassment. Appointments can be made with the Counsellor, Illaria Li Vigni, at: email@example.com
- Student Ombuds: ensures the correct application of legislation concerning the rights and duties of students and student representatives at the university. Anyone who wishes to make a complaint about behaviour that fails to comply with the university regulations and the Charter of Students' Rights and Duties can contact the Ombudsman, Prof. Maria Vittoria Diamanti: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stalking Help Desk: undergraduates and PhD students can access the stalking victims' help desk at email@example.com. The service offers:
- a meeting with and the support of a psychologist or psychotherapist to analyse what is happening and to agree on methods of coping with it, including psychologically
- a coordination with other university and local authorities (university disciplinary commissions, police, social and health services...) for appropriate intervention
- If you are experiencing stalking, verbal or psychological violence, you can call 1522 for assistance or even just to seek advice (the number is free, from mobile phones roo). Otherwise, you can chat with the operators directly from here. You can also reach out to one of the many anti-violence centers across the national territory, where you can find listening ears, practical advice, and a concrete network of support. You can find the list of centers affiliated with the D.i.Re network at this link.
- Respect: information and awareness event organised for the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women 2020, with the participation of experts in the field
- Preventing and combating gender-based violence: the course, organised by the Single Guarantee Committee (CUG) in cooperation with the Casa di Accoglienza delle Donne Maltrattate (battered women's shelter), is intended for anyone who wants to learn more about male violence and the culture from which it originates
- Since 2022, the Politecnico di Milano has been part of the UN.I.RE - Università in rete contro la violenza di genere (Universities networking against gender-based violence)
- Casa di Accoglienza delle Donne Maltrattate (battered women’s shelter)
- Politecnico di Milano Code of Ethics
- Code of Ethics
- Code for the Safeguarding of Personal Dignity
- School Gender Glossary – Department for Equal Opportunities, Presidency of the Council of Ministers
- The Istanbul Convention
- Equal Opportunities Service - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guarantee Committee - email@example.com
- Student Ombuds - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confidential Counsellor - email@example.com
- Listening and Work-related Distress Counselling Desk - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stalking Help Desk - email@example.com
- 24-hour public anti-violence hotline: 1522